[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: May Patch Broke Gallery

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@John_ZonbiSo, that's why nobody has been downloading my stuff!

Maybe try a game repair, or three, through Origin to see if it helps?

Message 671 of 930 (454 Views)

★ Guide
@stjmk This didn't fix anything
Message 672 of 930 (419 Views)

Hero
@John_Zonbi I merged your post with the master.

Where in Avast did you add ? For ransomware protection ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 673 of 930 (389 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict The exceptions list
Message 674 of 930 (370 Views)

Hero
@John_Zonbi try add it to the ransomeware protection section.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 675 of 930 (364 Views)

Re: Game won't enable mods after update

★ Novice

I did follow the exceptions and all that prior to posting. Today, Avast updated and everything is working fine now. Thank you for your help!

Message 676 of 930 (350 Views)

Red X on the gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Seasons, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, City living, Get together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenthood, Vampires, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the online Gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? A red X appears over all Gallery Items and when trying to click on the items it says it could not find the item
What do you expect to see? All creations other people have made and to be able to use them myself
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I understand This bug has appeared before and was fixed, but now it is back and it is not making me happy. I would really like to use the gallery items from other people and I am unable to. As well as this issue while trying to get to the point of posting this bug issue, it took forever to get here. the help sight kept saying I was being redirected to many times so it would not help but I had not been redirected once. I hope these issues can be fixed and soon because I would really like to use the gallery again

Message 677 of 930 (384 Views)

Re: Red X on the gallery

Hero
@alexiaht31104 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for suggestions.

Are you using avg/avast ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 678 of 930 (338 Views)

My Library Items Cannot Be Found

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Dogs & Cats, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff Packs: Paranormal, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Pation, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if you can, it might be specific to my game only.
What happens when the bug occurs? I click on an item in my library, with or without a red X on it, and I get a message saying, "Could Not Locate This Item"
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the items on clicking on or an option to delete them from my library.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having a problem with My Gallery, specifically the My Library tab. Some items have a red x over them and others have a llama for picture and when I click on them, I get an error message that says, "Could Not Locate This Item". How do I get rid of these items from My Gallery/My Library? Some are old lots, others are old sims I created a long time ago.

1.My CPU is a AMB Ryzon 5 1600, my system has 16GB of RAM, my video card is a Nvidia GE Force 1060 with 6GB of RAM Driver 466.63 updated today, and my system is Windows 10.

2. I started by deleting the cache files, that didn't help.

3. I removed all custom content, that didn't help.

4. I renamed my Sims folder and forced the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder and tested it, the problem didn't happen then, but I did not have my Save files, Mods & CC, or tray files in the game.

5. I put my save files back into the game, the problem didn't happen.

6. :I then put my tray files back in the game and that is when the problem happened.

7. I then added my Mods and CC back into the game, the problem still happened.

8. I have the show hidden content box checked and also made sure that my firewall and anti-virus software is allowing the Origin software and the Sims software through to the internet.

Can someone please help me figure out how I can at least delete these items from my library?  I don't care about recovering them.

Thank you.

Message 679 of 930 (327 Views)

Re: My Library Items Cannot Be Found

Hero
@Dreamspinner3 Merged this with the main thread.

What security software are you using ? You usually need to add exceptions to the ransomware protection for this error.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 680 of 930 (291 Views)