[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My game version.txt is missing from my files

@ruby_anime14  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 631 of 930 (596 Views)

Gallery Broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, it only started happening recently when I try to open my gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open my gallery online and there are X's over all of the different items in the gallery and then when I open one of the items it says 'Could not locate this item'
What do you expect to see? I expect the gallery to open so I can find things on the gallery and post things to the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As I said in the description the gallery won't open. 

Message 632 of 930 (619 Views)

Re: Gallery Broken

Hero
@sassyblondie96 I merged your post with the main thread on this. What security software are you using ? Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 633 of 930 (571 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery Not Working

★★★ Novice

Hello evryone,I can't access gallery any fix?

Message 634 of 930 (573 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery Not Working

★★★ Novice
@1857854 i forgot to mention that I've tried repair and update game
Message 635 of 930 (572 Views)

Mods not working after April Update

★★★ Newbie

When I updated my game today April 27th, 2021 and went to put my mods back in my folder it keeps saying that mods aren’t allowed even when I allowed Custom Content and Mods, as well as allow Script Mods. I’ve restarted my game and don’t know what’s going on.

Message 636 of 930 (578 Views)

Mods not working after April 27th Update

★★★ Newbie

My mods won’t work after today’s update, it just says “Mods Disabled” when I open up the game. I’ve restarted the game and gone into settings to allow both custom content and script mods.

Message 637 of 930 (582 Views)

Re: Mods not working after April 27th Update

Champion (Retired)

@nialoltbh 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 638 of 930 (566 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Gallery Not Working

@1857854  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 639 of 930 (546 Views)

Re: Gallery Broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi
I have base game I just put that pack in gallery,but if I chose normal game nothing is there in gallery sending pics now (Links are dead and don't have to re-upload)

https://ibb.co/NyWpmDN
https://ibb.co/C6mjdMy
Click on link to see pictures
I have faster eating and drinking mod and MCCC
and avast (don't use Avast,Norton or McAfee)

Avast and win defender (Why did I put Win defender here if Avast took over?)

Update: Hello Everyone I listened to anti-virus blocking post(exclusion),it happened I blocked my avast from blocking my games (excluded games folder) ,thanks everyone

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Edit: Fixed my idiotic errors in spelling

Message 640 of 930 (497 Views)