[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: I need Mod/CC Help!

@LilyEman125  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 581 of 930 (375 Views)

CC/Mods not working

★★ Novice

So I've done all the stuff people say to do. From deleting save files, tray folder/CC, options, manually changing options, etc. Trying various fixes has had my re-starting this game about seventy times. 

Any time I actually have any CC in my mods folder, even a single thing, it disables CC when the game loads and refuses to enable it. If there is none, then it pretends everything is fine. I'm not even bothering to try to make old save games or script mods work yet. 

Message 582 of 930 (378 Views)

Re: CC/Mods not working

@thomasdoyletad  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

Message 583 of 930 (348 Views)

Hero
@thomasdoyletad What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 584 of 930 (347 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@thomasdoyletadWhat security software are you using ?

I just added the relevant exceptions. It changes nothing.

Message 585 of 930 (338 Views)

★★ Novice

@thomasdoyletad  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

Added exceptions. Deleted cache and options. Loaded the game. All fine. Put in one piece of CC. Same problem. Is there some way I can get rid of this update? There's nothing in it I want. It's literally just broken a game that was working fine.

Message 586 of 930 (335 Views)

Hero
@thomasdoyletad Does it disable in the options again ? What's the version in your gameversion.txt file ? Did you try that workaround ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 587 of 930 (311 Views)

Gallery not loading since update april 2021

★★★ Newbie

Since the latest update (March 2021) adding in the bunk beds my gallery will not laod anything and the message "could not locate this item" appears every time.

I have tried everything including -

• Fixing game
  • Uninstalling 
  • Deleting certain files
  • Making game exempt from antivirus

I'm at my wits end trying to fix this problem, I just want to have pretty lots in my game

PLEASE HELP

Message 588 of 930 (308 Views)

Re: Gallery not loading since update april 2021

@stephy_mara  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

Message 589 of 930 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Sorry for not Quoting you, crinrict. This forum is as broken as the game. Yes, it auto-disables mods (actually, it doesn't, it disables CC and leaves mods enabled even though there are no mods in said folder) if and only if I put any CC in the mods folder.

It gives my version as 1.67.45.1020

edited to fix formatting.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 590 of 930 (244 Views)