[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: CC keeps disabling itself

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you all so much for the help!!! My game works now! I'm so happy!!!

Message 531 of 924 (420 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★★★ Novice

I’ve followed all the instructions and it still hasn’t worked.

Message 532 of 924 (406 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@Charlotte2409  Are you having the issue described in the first post on page one?  If so, and none of the suggestions helped, please let us know what antivirus you use.

If you're instead having the endless update loop, please see the first post of this thread for suggestions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Patch-Update-endlessly-looping/m-p/10115...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 533 of 924 (403 Views)

unable to access anything from gallery

★ Novice

Whenever I play, since buying snowy escape, I have not been able to see ANYTHING on gallery. There are red Xs on all of it. I have tried to uninstall origin and ALL of my sims games and reinstalled but the same problem occurs. My Wi-Fi is fine, origin is working and updating constantly, I have tried tricks that I found on EA answers and nothing has helped.

Message 534 of 924 (392 Views)

gallery not working

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Get to Work, Get Famous, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Realm of Magic, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Moschino Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to access the gallery, all of the items have red "X's across them with no images. When I try to click on one, a popup reads "Could not locate item." I am unable to further view or interact with the item and am returned to the main gallery screen.
What do you expect to see? The full gallery with items appearing as normal that I am able to import into my game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached screenshots of issue

Message 535 of 924 (457 Views)

Re: gallery not working

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DemitriFaith Hello!  Your issue is probably caused by your antivirus software blocking access.  Read the first post in the thread below for tips on how to resolve it, to include adding exceptions for your game.

[READ FIRST] Gallery Connection Troubleshooting/ Status: Online - Answer HQ

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 536 of 924 (432 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Thanks, but I've already tried that and it didn't work Frown
Message 537 of 924 (423 Views)

Champion

@DemitriFaith Once you've added the exceptions you may need to repair your game.  You may also need to uninstall / reinstall Origin.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 538 of 924 (408 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Okay, thanks. How do I "repair" it?
Message 539 of 924 (402 Views)

Hero
@DemitriFaith I merged your post with the master thread

What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 540 of 924 (375 Views)