[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Mods don´t work

★★★★ Guide

Have you updated your mods?

Message 101 of 924 (558 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I uptaded the mods. I tried everything that I saw here in some posts, but I can´t find nothing that really help me

Message 102 of 924 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kinas_98  Please delete options.ini, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  All your in-game options will be reset, but hopefully any changes you make, including enabling mods, will stick this time.

If that doesn't help, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save.  Let me know either way.

If you can play a new save, go ahead and enable mods, quit, add just one mod to the new Sims 4 folder, and see whether it works in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 103 of 924 (519 Views)

Can not activate mods after new update dec 7th 2020

★★★ Newbie

I have no script mods only custom content that was working earlier today, after today’s update I can now no longer use mods or cc in my game I keep selecting allow mods and custom content in the options menu and restarting the game however when I get back in mods are still disabled.

Message 104 of 924 (638 Views)

Re: Can not activate mods after new update dec 7th 2020

Champion (Retired)

@beckycantflyyy 

This is known to be caused by your security software blocking changes to a settings file in The Sims 4 folder. Please check how you can disable this in your softwares settings. You will probably see it as protected files/Folders. Temporarily disabling your antivirus while you make the change may also work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 105 of 924 (630 Views)

Unable to turn on mods/cc

★ Apprentice

So I just updated my game and as usual the first time i opened it said that mods and cc were disabled so i turned them on and closed my game but when i opened again the same message was on the screen....I closed and opened the game a lot of times and turned on the mods/cc option... I only use one mod (pregnancy mod) and some CAS like makeup and hairstyles... I tried to repair my game too but nothing happened Frown

Message 106 of 924 (591 Views)

Re: Unable to turn on mods/cc

Champion (Retired)

@kathydana 

This is caused by your security software blocking access to a settings file in The Sims 4 folder. You should give the game access. Temporarily disabling protection while doing the change may also work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 107 of 924 (579 Views)

Re-enabling mods error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, discover university, eco lifestyle, get famous, get to work, get together, island living, seasons, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, spa day, stranger-Ville, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff, kids room stuff , laundry day stuff, luxury party stuff, Moschino stuff pack, movie hangout stuff, my first pet stuff, nifty knitting stuff pack, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, spooky stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff ,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Log onto the sims 4 with mods in the mod folder
What happens when the bug occurs? After new update mods are automatically disabled, I re-enable them and restart the game. However, once i start up the game again the 're-enable mods' box is left unchecked again. I have tried this multiple times including going into a save game and re-enabling them from there. It still will not allow me to enable mods. I have tried removing all mods from the folder, which does allow me to check the box, but once I put the mods back in the folder it immediately unchecks the box upon start-up and the same issue occurs. As well as this, when i go into my gallery, any household that contains custom content is not able to be located'
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to re-enable mods and have that box still checked and those mods available for use once i have started the game back up again.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After the newest update mods are automatically disabled, I re-enable them and restart the game. However, once i start up the game again the 're-enable mods' box is left unchecked again. I have tried this multiple times including going into a save game and re-enabling them from there. It still will not allow me to enable mods. I have tried removing the 'options' file from my sims folder so the game is forced to create a new one (as suggested on a different forum), this did not fix my issue. I have tried removing all mods from the folder, which does allow me to check the box, but once I put the mods back in the folder it immediately unchecks the box upon start-up and the same issue occurs.
As well as this, when i go into my gallery, any household that contains custom content is 'not able to be located' and is just a white thumbnail with a large red cross across it. I have heard that a way to fix this is to remove all files and reset game data, however I  am reluctant to do this as i have saves that i would desperately not like to lose. 

Message 108 of 924 (600 Views)

Re: Unable to turn on mods/cc

★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen how do I do that? After repairing my game my antivirus popped up with some message asking me to allow an origin file?) Or block it and I selected the "allow" option but nothing happened (by the way it's the first time my antivirus act up after an update)
Message 109 of 924 (563 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@charlieloveshats  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 110 of 924 (579 Views)