[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST] Status of the Gallery - ONLINE

★★★★★ Apprentice

According to your instructions. However, I believe the problem is solved: I "killed" Defender. According to Microsoft, Defender does not want any third party anti-virus program running at the same time. Since I have deep mistrust of Microsoft in the first place, "killing" Defender was an easy choice.

Message 61 of 924 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh. Forgot. I cannot access Ransomshield because I don't pay Avast for premium.

Message 62 of 924 (1,222 Views)

Re: In Game Screen Capture Not Saving Photos.

★★ Novice

Thank you! It worked

Message 63 of 924 (1,476 Views)

★★★ Novice
exactly
Message 64 of 924 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Novice
@wallisdj thanks for that, I will definitely try it.
Message 65 of 924 (1,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@wallisdj I tried this. Ransomware is not a premium feature but yeah, never run two antivirus programs at the same time

Moved this over to the current thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 924 (1,419 Views)

PC - All gallery/online items are completely inaccessible

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but bowling and star-wars pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch Game > Open the Gallery > Select any online tab
What happens when the bug occurs? When you open the gallery, if it needs to find an item on the online section, everything appears to be completely crossed out.
What do you expect to see? I expected to see the gallery in all is sim like, I could select what I wanted and download it. Or even use my own items I uploaded to the gallery on my old pc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently updated to windows 10 to a new pc, and so far everything worked (as well as it can, sims is really buggy). Before, the gallery worked fine, how the gallery has become completely inaccessible to me.

When you open the gallery, if it needs to find an item on the online section, everything appears to be completely crossed out for me. Every item, cannot be found for me. I have tried deleting mods, cache, even deleting everything to do with the sims 4 and have a complete factory reset. Nothing has worked and how I am unsure what to do.

I did used to have mods, and they worked fine on the old system, but ever since the update to windows 10 I have no idea whats gone wrong. Any help into why this has happened, no matter how many items I try to factory reset, would be greatly accepted. 

Message 67 of 924 (1,405 Views)

The Sims 4 gallery doesn't load - October 2020

★★ Novice

Hello, I have a problem with gallery in The Sims 4. When I open it, it's loading forever and after that the red X shows up. I tried everything i saw. Reparing game, reinstalling, firewall and antivirus. I haven't got any mods. I have this problem on Septemer/October 2020. Thank you for your answers. 

Message 68 of 924 (1,399 Views)

Re: PC - All gallery/online items are completely inaccessible

Hero
@FoxyGamer_247 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Are you using Avast/AVG ?

Please see first post for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 924 (1,399 Views)

Re: PC - All gallery/online items are completely inaccessible

★ Novice

Thank you ever so much! That seems to have fixed it Standard smile 

Message 70 of 924 (1,394 Views)