[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Mods don’t work after today’s update! & Gallery uploads are corrupted

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions minus Eco All game packs minus Jungle/DHD/Spa/Batu 2 stuff packs - Paranormal & Bowling
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and open your game and see if mods continuously disable themselves
What happens when the bug occurs? Mods don’t work. I will explain below.
What do you expect to see? N/a
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. See above

After the game updated today, I opened my game and got the usual “mods have been disabled” message. I turned on mods in the game settings and restarted my game. Then the same thing happens over and over as a loop.

I have also noticed my gallery showcase is corrupted, see attached photo. Everything was fine yesterday until this update came along.

I have removed my mods and gone back into the game - gallery is still corrupted. But mod settings appear to be enabled now there are no mods installed.

Installing mods one by one - first with MCCC. Same thing happens as before - mods disabled and won’t renable.

Removed MCCC and tried UI cheats... same thing occurs. I don’t think it matters what mod it is? The game is just not allowing mods whatsoever. Guess I’m playing vanilla for now Frown

is anyone else having this issue??

I wish I didn’t rely on mods to play!!!!

Message 741 of 924 (474 Views)

Re: Mods don’t work after today’s update! & Gallery uploads are corrupted

Hero

Hi @paintsplashh 

are you using avast or AVG ? This usually happens if they block the user folder.

I merged your post with the master thread on this so please see first post for details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 742 of 924 (467 Views)

Re: Mods don’t work after today’s update! & Gallery uploads are corrupted

★ Apprentice

Yes! weirdly just after I posted this, I saw a weird AVG pop up and put two and two together, then saw your post and am following that now. Fingers crossed it works. Sorry if i put this in the wrong section by the way and thanks for your help.

Message 743 of 924 (458 Views)

I keep getting the welcome screen from last new pack and mods disabled.

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have everything except Journey to Batuu, Paranormal Stuff Pack, the Kits: courtyard, country kitchen, throwback fit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know it just picks up on my PC when I open the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the welcome screen and the alert that mods have been disabled. I have tried to enable mods and then restart the game and this keeps popping up. I have also fixed my game and it still happens.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to get the welcome to the new pack you have just downloaded screen and the disabled mods screen and to let me use my CC and Mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just patched the game today 8/24/21. PC: 1.78.58.1030. I also purchased Dream Home Decorator which installed after the patch.

2021-08-24 (8).png

I patched the game to the latest version and then the download from dream home decorator started while I was placing my CC in the mods folder. I thought that all was downloaded before I added the CC but once I opened the game it said that dream home decorator was still installing. Which confused me. I closed out the game and took out the CC. So after it finished, the download, I started it and got the welcome screen and the mods are disabled notification. Which was normal. I enabled mods again and then played normally. I tried to save and got the couldn't save error 0 message so I save as instead, exited, then added my CC as I was missing my favorite wallpapers. I started the game again and the welcome to the sims 4 dream home decorator popped up again and the disabled mods notification. So I figured dang that faulty download did mess up the game so I removed the CC and repaired the Sims 4 and tried again and it still pops up. I am now stuck with the welcome screen and the disabled mods. I tried restarting with mods enabled 4 times since.

Message 744 of 924 (515 Views)

Can thhe Gallery be fixed for all I see is the red x

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I don't remeber
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Gallery won't work by only showing the red x
What happens when the bug occurs? How to get the Gallery to work again, please help...Can their be an option to reinstall the game? Or am I going to have to get a New Game of the Sims 4?
What do you expect to see? The Gallery working again, when I first bought the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 745 of 924 (458 Views)

Re: I keep getting the welcome screen from last new pack and mods disabled.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Just applied the update, and each time I try to launch the game, the mods are disabled.  I apply the changes in the options menu, but the game keeps disabling the mods every time.  

Download the Origin client and you can install the game that way. If you already paid for it, all the items purchased will be available for download when you log into your origin account

try disabling your antivirus before launching the game, re-enable mods...and restart the game again. That might fix your issue.

Message 746 of 924 (496 Views)

Re: I keep getting the welcome screen from last new pack and mods disabled.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MissEshia @MiaAbbey 

are you using avast, Norton  or AVG? This usually happens if they block the user folder. 

I merged your post with the master thread on this so please see first post for details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 747 of 924 (421 Views)

House Gallery

★★★★★ Newbie

In build mode I can't load galleries from other players submissions.

When I click on an item I get the error "could not locate this item."

Message 748 of 924 (400 Views)

Re: House Gallery

@FedoG88  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 749 of 924 (419 Views)

gallery not working

★ Novice

Hello i can't go to the gallery in the sims i don't know what to do i tried a lot of ways but nothing can you please help me as soon as possible thank you for the answer.

Message 750 of 924 (386 Views)