[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Mods

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs island living vampires dine out spa day realm of magic luxury party perfect patio cool kitchen movie hangout backyard vintage glamour fitness laundry day moschino paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to allow use of mods
What happens when the bug occurs? I refresh and it tells me I can't use mods because my game has just been updated
What do you expect to see? I should be able to use mods
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated it

please help me, I can't use mods.

Message 641 of 930 (464 Views)

Re: Mods

★★★★ Expert

You have to go into game options and enable them again. 

Game Options -> Other -> Enable Custom Content and Mods

Some mods require you to click the script mods button, too.

Message 642 of 930 (461 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that, then when I come back on it gives me a paragraph about how mods might not be compatible with the update, and my mods are off

Message 643 of 930 (418 Views)

★★★ Guide
@K1a2t3B4 mods often have to be updated following a new patch. you should check with the creator of each mod if there is an updated version compatible with the latest patch
Message 644 of 930 (414 Views)

★★ Novice

My mods are compatible, I checked. MY game won't let me allow them

Message 645 of 930 (404 Views)

Hero
@K1a2t3B4 I merged your post with the master thread.

What antivirus program are you using ? It's probably blocking your user folder.

Check first post for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 646 of 930 (357 Views)

sims 4 cc not working

★ Novice

I have recently updated my game to the latest version and when I load the game, the game says "mods disabled", which is fine and I enable mods and restart the game, but every time I restart the game nothing is enabled. 

The only mod I have is MCCommand Center, to the newest version, and the rest is custom content (around 40-50 items). 

I had this issue after the 14th December update which was the last big update if I am correct. 

I have taken everything out and then put each folder of mods (hairs, tops, bottoms, etc) in one at a time and restart the game but nothing is working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated Standard smile

Message 647 of 930 (379 Views)

Re: sims 4 cc not working

★★★ Newbie

Maybe you could watch a video?? Sorry if this doesn't help

Message 648 of 930 (356 Views)

Re: sims 4 cc not working

@Dophie1212  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 649 of 930 (328 Views)

Gallery will not connect sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get famous, vampires, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? simply load up the game and try to load up the gallery. Happens in game as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? Large red Xs are shown across all of the content. When asked to go online an error message pops up stating it is unable to connect. However, I have connect directly to my modem and the problem still happens. I have tried 7 ways to fix this issue.
What do you expect to see? Opening the gallery I expect to see the items posted to download
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Unsure as to why this bug is happening. Everything else in the game works just fine. No lagging, fast loading. This is the only thing not working. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall, multiple file delating, firewall and security issues. Nothing has worked. 

Message 650 of 930 (335 Views)