[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Screenshots still don't appear

Hero
@thomasdoyletad What are you using ?

@joadin Maybe it's installed in a different place. Check Origin where your games are installed: https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/06/origin-how-to-change-the-installation-path.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 601 of 924 (342 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:
@thomasdoyletadWhat are you using ?

As in game version, or anti-virus?

Message 602 of 924 (332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@thomasdoyletad Which antivirus program are you using  (sorry if you stated already)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 603 of 924 (319 Views)

My Sims 4 gallery is always showing red crosses

★★★ Newbie

So i have this problem, my Sims 4 Gallery is always showing red crosses and then i click it, its showing " item not found". I tried to repair the game and uninstall and install it again but its still didnt work. So a time ago i tried to install CC for the first time, something didnt work out so i removed it and i think i deleted a file that you shouldnt delete but i cant rember what i deleted and if its the reason for my problem how do i install the file again?

But if its not the problem could somebody help me out here?

it would be a pleasure

thank you. :]

Message 604 of 924 (327 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 gallery is always showing red crosses

Hero
@Mira_Reed I merged your post with the main thread on this. What security software are you using ? Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 605 of 924 (313 Views)

can't turn on mods in sims4

★ Novice

This is for Sims4.  I can't get mods to work at all. I'm all patched up and i load the game. once loaded go to options and hit other, and enable mods. quit and restart game. now in the past it would work all the time, but now once it reloads it promptly says Mods Disabled due to a recent patch. well unless i received a new micro patch in the 40 secs to restart the game, i can't get the mods folder to work. i completely emptied it and tried again and the same thing happens. i have deleted all the cache and this also doesn't help. i just don't know what to do. i contacted support and he kept repeating himself about not supporting mods. he wouldn't listen when i tried to tell him to forget the mods and just get the button that EA put in to work. he kept trying to say it was the mods fault. yeah right with no mods in folder.

Message 606 of 924 (311 Views)

Re: can't turn on mods in sims4

@slipfinger  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 607 of 924 (289 Views)

Re: How to renable mods after sims 4 update

★★★★ Novice

when i tried to save the electronic arts folder to the desktop an error came up==error 0x8007016A--how do i fix that?  thanks

Message 608 of 924 (268 Views)

Hero
@kiku72 When did you get this error ? Is that an error from the game, origin or your Antivirus ? Could you post a screenshot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 609 of 924 (254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi --thank you for replying--i need administration rights to add an application?  i''m new to the pc and windows.  i was playing the sims 4 and used custom content (something new to me) and then suddenly origin or windows needed an update.  ever since then my computer was considered by an ea agent as crashing.  when the sims travelled on a date the computer screen would freeze up and it would say:  The Sims 4 (Not Responding).  so the tech suggested i  dump my custom content and try to uninstall and then reinstall origin and the sims.  so i began playing the game again, until i came to the gallery area and opened up ''my library'.  i noticed that i had red xs on some of the households i created.  i think it's because i  dumped the custom content out of my game and also because i reinstalled a new version of the game without the custom content--is that right?  also i was wondering if my sims 4 was saving the game to one drive (the cloud).  the ea tech told me that the sims was not supposed to run or save from one drive and that it would be saved to origin.  if i download custom content is it saved through one drive?  this is what i was wondering about as to how the game would connect to one drive.  in other words, is saving my game and or using custom content using one drive by default ????--i hope i'm makinging myself clear.---thank you

Message 610 of 924 (243 Views)