[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@gulsahku what antivirus are you using ?  You can just edit the version gameversion file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 551 of 924 (474 Views)

sims 4 mods can't be enabled

★ Novice

Whenever I play the sims 4, the mods that I have don't work. I can enable them, but once I restart the game for it to take effect, I get a bubble saying that mods have been disabled because of an update, even when there was no update to begin with. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Message 552 of 924 (494 Views)

Re: sims 4 mods can't be enabled

Champion (Retired)

@IMPOAP 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 553 of 924 (480 Views)

Re: sims 4 mods can't be enabled

★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Thank you! I have two of the other issues listed, and I have Avast, so this is probably why, thanks!
Message 554 of 924 (472 Views)

Sims 4 gallery not uploading

★★ Novice

Can someone please help I have tried everything to get my gallery working and no luck . 

Message 555 of 924 (444 Views)

Re: Sims 4 gallery not uploading

@gg_sims3  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 556 of 924 (420 Views)

My game won't let me enable mods/CC. Pls help. :)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Get to work, holiday stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? IDK
What happens when the bug occurs? My game won't let me enable mods.
What do you expect to see? My game should let me enable mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi! 

I have had a bug since the last update. (21 things update) My game won't let me enable mods. Whenever I open my game it says they are disabled because of an update. I have tried restarting countless times,  going through all of my mods/CC at least 5 times, repairing my game (through Origin) and none of those solved the problem. It is very annoying. If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Message 557 of 924 (398 Views)

Re: My game won't let me enable mods/CC. Pls help. :)

Hero
@happyfamabc Merged your post with the master.

Please see first page.-

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 558 of 924 (383 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Thank you so so much! I found that Sims4 was blocked in my AVG folder thingy. I appreciate your help! Have an amazing day.
Thanks again! :D
Message 559 of 924 (377 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm so glad this thread exists! Out of nowhere, Windows defender decided to block Sims 4 from running. It was so weird. But all is sorted now so thanks @crinrict Large smile

Message 560 of 924 (344 Views)