[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: gallery not working

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 After uninstalling and reinstalling, I got it to work finally! Thank you
Message 541 of 930 (407 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@RLIANNOTTI  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 542 of 930 (401 Views)

Champion

@DemitriFaith Apologies for the late response.  I'm glad it's working for you!  Did you also find the repair option?  If not, whenever you have exited your game, you can go into your game library on Origin, right click the game in the library and select repair.  With all the packs you have, the repair can sometimes take an hour or more, so be prepared for that.  Anyway, it's good to know where that is because it might help resolve other issues that pop up.  

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 543 of 930 (391 Views)

★★★ Novice
@JonaO703 Thanks, that's good to know! If it happens again I'll try that, too
Message 544 of 930 (386 Views)

Problem with mods

★★ Novice

After the last update the game no longer opens my CCs. I tried enable them and restart the game more than 10 times but every time I open the game mods are disabled again. 

Message 545 of 930 (350 Views)

Re: Problem with mods

@mxeva  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 546 of 930 (347 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you very much! But I only found solutions for gallery problems. My gallery works great but I can't enable mods...
Message 547 of 930 (333 Views)

Re: I cant re-enable mods anymore after 2021 update

★★ Novice
@gulsahku I have the exact same problem! Did you find a solution???
Message 548 of 930 (321 Views)

Champion

@mxeva Hi!  Did you add exceptions for your antivirus program?  Per the first post on page one of this thread...

"There's currently an issue where some virus programs (namely AVG and AVAST) are blocking the user folder."

This includes Mods/CC...
"Mods/CC and other changes in the options stay how they currently are because the game is unable to write the changes to the file"

There are instructions for adding the exceptions in the first post.  Also, if that doesn't fix the issue, there are instructions for clearing the cache which you may also need to do once the exceptions are added to your AV program.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 549 of 930 (312 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★ Novice

I don't have avast or any virüs program but it says Mods Disabled again and again. I tried repairing the game but it didn't work either Frown

Message 550 of 930 (275 Views)