[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: sims Gallery issues

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Phantomlover1717 I even took out all of my CC/MODS and its still doing the red X's. Still saying couldn't locate this item.

Message 441 of 924 (293 Views)

Re: Can see thumbnail, can't load to comment or fave

★★ Novice
@crinrict I disabled Avast for like 10 mins to see if it worked as you suggested. It does bring up a lot of the items from the gallery now, but I still am getting some with the big thin red X's. But in the same time is that this needs to be fixed by EA because this is their game it should work with things like Avast. What am I going to do for protection on my computer? I can't afford to pay for something monthly...
Message 442 of 924 (290 Views)

why is the gallery in sims 4 not working?

★★★ Newbie

hi all. 

when ever i try to go into the gallery in sims 4 i cant select anything. everything shows as a big red X and everything comes up as item not located. 

please help

Message 443 of 924 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@tweetybeck1986 You need to add Sims as an exception to ransom protection. No need to turn it off.

Ransom protection protects your user files from being changed and that's what avast does.

@jadylady90  I merged your thread. Please see suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 444 of 924 (274 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict im running the free version of avast as my anti virus could this be contributing to my problems?
Message 445 of 924 (261 Views)

Hero
@jadylady90 Yes. Please try adding Sims 4 as exception to your ransomware.

Instructions see first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 446 of 924 (250 Views)

Re: Since last patch, gallery doesn't view any content w/without CC/MODS.

★★ Novice
@crinrict yes I am. And I read your posts and did your suggestions and it all worked out. I am now able to view stuff from the gallery now. Thank you so much.
Message 447 of 924 (229 Views)

Re: Since last patch, gallery doesn't view any content w/without CC/MODS.

Hero
@tweetybeck1986 Glad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 448 of 924 (217 Views)

Red x on gallery listings

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, All game packs except Journey to Batuu, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Vintage Glamor, Laundry Day, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? A red x appears on all the gallery listings whenever I open the gallery
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the gallery listings
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I open the gallery a red x appears on all the listings and I am unable to download anything from the gallery. Even when I am in create a sim I can't even randomize a sim from the gallery. 

Message 449 of 924 (229 Views)

Re: Red x on gallery listings

Hero
@shelvedbooks I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for suggestions.

Are you using avg/avast ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 450 of 924 (203 Views)