[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: photos

★ Novice

Thank you. I was able to get it to work with what you had wrote me!   

Message 431 of 930 (399 Views)

Re: Gallery can't find anything

★★ Novice

Wow this was actually what fixed it for me. Thanks so much Crinrict!

Message 432 of 930 (398 Views)

My mods in my sims 4 game wont stay enabled

★★★ Newbie

So I haven't gotten on my sims 4 game in a while, but when i went to go play on my pc about a week ago my mods were disabled because of an update, okay no problem that happens all the time. However when i reenable them and restart my game it acts like I never enabled them and pretty much turns them back off. I've already tried unloading different mods to see if that would help and still nothing. I really enjoy playing with my mods and I really don't want this to ruin my game play. If anyone has advise on how to fix this that would be great!  

Message 433 of 930 (394 Views)

Re: My mods in my sims 4 game wont stay enabled

Champion (Retired)

@MellowMe123 

Please see this thread: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..) - Answer HQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 434 of 930 (382 Views)

The sims 4 Gallery not working.

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest version for January 9th 2021.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have snowy escape, tiny living, seasons, city living, nifty knitting, Realm of magic, parenthood, outdoor retreat, toddlers and the 2 free packs, (the gift and the guitar.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just open the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the gallery and try to look for things but all that shows up are these red X marks, and when I press on the x sign it says that the item wasn't found, basically I can't download or see anything in the gallery.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see things and download things from the gallery, it just doesn't work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Don't know what to do, Am I the only one who's stuck with this?

Message 435 of 930 (382 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@maytselen  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 436 of 930 (358 Views)

Since last patch, gallery doesn't view any content w/without CC/MODS.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its the gallery. It will not pull any of the other simmers content they post. All it shows before clicking on it to view it is X's on them, but when you click on it to view it it gives an error message saying "Could not locate this item". Whether it is custom content or not. This started right after the last patch update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Its the gallery. It will not pull any of the other simmers content they post. All it shows before clicking on it to view it is X's on them, but when you click on it to view it it gives an error message saying "Could not locate this item". Whether it is custom content or not. This started right after the last patch update.
What do you expect to see? Other simmers content.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.59.69.1020

Message 437 of 930 (349 Views)

Re: Since last patch, gallery doesn't view any content w/without CC/MODS.

Hero
@tweetybeck1986 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for suggestions.

Are you using avg/avast ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 438 of 930 (316 Views)

Re: sims Gallery issues

★★ Novice
@puffelymomo32 Yea it sounds like you are experiencing what I am currently going through. The gallery not being able to pull up any other simmers content because of a red X on everyone in the community tab and the spark'd and even the news portion, but my own contents saved in my library I can look at. The other simmers every time I click on the big red X's says "Could not locate this item". Just trying to get it fixed.
Message 439 of 930 (293 Views)

Re: sims Gallery issues

★★ Novice
@Phantomlover1717 Your post: Do you have this in the entire gallery? Could you try taking out the tray folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4?
My answer: This is for the entire gallery except my own library. Also when you say try taking out the tray folder out of documents/electronic arts/the sims 4 I don't know how to do this. I have looked and I don't have like a tray folder.
Message 440 of 930 (292 Views)