Gallery doesnt work

by MARIAFOTT

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

[ Edited ]

@Example_nicole and @LebaneseBlondie  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 461 of 930 (472 Views)

Sims 4 won't allow me to use mods

★★★ Newbie

English is not my first languare, but I try to describe the problem.

Sims 4 won't let me enable mods back after upgrading. It says that some of the mods might not be compatible with the new upgrage. I have tried fixing the game in Orgin, I have removed all my mods and downloaded them back again. When I enable the mods in settings, save the game and exit, it hasn't saved my choices. Please help me, it isn't as fun at all to play without them.

Message 462 of 930 (474 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't allow me to use mods

Champion

@N4uku 

After deleting the mods did you also delete the localthumbcache.package from the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder? It is best practice to do so when you encounter issues with mods or cc to also delete the localthumbcache. This enables the game and your save to start 'fresh'. I.e. without any interference of corrupted mods or cc. Only after this move you can test if the issue was caused by that particular cc or mod. You should  not reinstall your mods without testing them. Use the 50/50 methode on a new game and only save them to your mods folder when you are 100% certain they are not corrupted.

You should also visit the makers and developers websites frequently to check if there are updates available. Only when you downloaded the newest versions you should install these versions. 

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 463 of 930 (469 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't allow me to use mods

Champion (Retired)

@N4uku 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 464 of 930 (463 Views)

Game wont let me turn on mods.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and dogs, bowling night stuff, tiny living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? starting the game, turning mods on, then restarting.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the game, it says mods have been disabled, I do everything to make sure they are turned on and restart the game, but it still comes up with mods are disabled and wont let me turn them on at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to work when I turn my mods on and restart the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I got on to Origin today (1/23/2021) and it said there was an update/patch, so I downloaded it and now my game wont even give me the option to use mods.

I have tried everything that I can to make it work. I've opened and closed the game about 20 times and it says the same thing every time. 

Message 465 of 930 (445 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★★ Novice

The suggestions on the first page did not help me. 

Message 466 of 930 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I experienced the same problem after the update. My mods ain't working then reinstall the game now the gallery wont show.

I have Avast and uninstall it. and now it works. lol

Message 467 of 930 (433 Views)

Re: Game wont let me turn on mods.

Hero
@lunalove96 I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see first post for suggestions.

Are you using avg/avast ?

@LebaneseBlondie What security software are you using ? Have you tried deleting the version file ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 468 of 930 (411 Views)

Gallery doesnt work

★★★ Newbie

My gallery hasn't been working for a couple of months now,I try to connect and it won't load,since last month I have a red X appearing on everything post on the gallery and it says "this object was not found" (or sth like that),I cant save my lots on my library cause they wont show,I cant access the gallery cause it wont let me.I have tried everything and I've been tweeting ,sending messages and commenting on thesims instagram but no one ever answered me !!! Help it is affecting my gameplay

Message 469 of 930 (424 Views)

Re: Gallery doesnt work

★★★ Newbie
BTW I have tried all these listed below

Method 1: Restart or Reset Your Router
Method 2: Disable Antivirus and Firewall
Method 3: Run Sims 4 as Administrator
Method 4: Flush DNS Cache
Message 470 of 930 (422 Views)