Re: Mods keep on being disabled? After every update!

by Lionhart127

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@TeahouseFox Thanks, but that does not make any sense. There are so many updates, how can I and other creators keep up with constantly updating their mods? EA do NOT want mods, so EA should remove the 2 mods options in the settings. I will stop playing Sims 4.
Message 241 of 930 (507 Views)

new pack gallery bug

★★★ Newbie

so i just downloaded the snowy mountains pack on my sims game and now i cant dowload anything from the gallery and idk what to do it just shows up as unavailable and they have nothing but read xs 

Message 242 of 930 (509 Views)

Gallery not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Toddler stuff and holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I try to open the gallery and I cant see anything expect red x's over everything and it wont let me see what the item is
What happens when the bug occurs? It says item not found when i try clicking on it and all I see are red x's over all the gallery items and I cant even see my own creations and stuff I uploaded
What do you expect to see? The gallery to fully load and work so I can place lots or households in my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I just downloaded the game about 2 weeks ago, and when I tried to play one day it says the game updated and I tried to click on the gallery and ever since it hasn't worked

This is a picture of what I see

Message 243 of 930 (501 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

[ Edited ]

@Tinrac2896 and @Maedaisey04  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 244 of 930 (505 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Lionhart127 I'm afraid that is the nature of mods. You would be pushing a rope to insist they are included in testing and release of official updates. EA can't even keep track of how updates break their own code.

Before, when updates were not pushed out automatically, I would wait to manually install them until after the developers of my favorite mods had updated.

As a result, I have not used mods nearly as much as I used to in TS3. I can't characterize the developers' intent. I know without the modding community, the game was often unplayable and would not be as popular. 

But there are too many mods and variables to account for how official updates may affect them. Safer to simply disable them temporarily, and makes it easier to diagnose an issue, if one occurs after a patch.

Message 245 of 930 (498 Views)

Sims 4 thinks every launch is an update

★★★ Newbie

Every time i laucnch sims 4, it keeps telling me it just updated and all mods are turned off.

I re-enable my mods in options, quit sims, and re-launch it, only to get the same message over and over again.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as well as origin. I have cleared cache, tried without any content packs installed, i have googled all over to find an answe.

I use vortex for my mods, if that may be useful info.

I'd just love some help as this is so annoying. It works perfectly on my gaming computer, but like now, when i am not in my appartment, but with family for the holiays, I cannot access any mods, which is frustrating.

Message 246 of 930 (506 Views)

Re: Mods always disabled after update?

★★★ Novice

That's because mods are written around the current code... Updates change the code to add new stuff or fix bugs that's how programming works... You can't ask all the programmers to go around looking at hundreds of mods to make sure they are compatible with the new update... That's the job of the people who create the mods...

It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the mods are up to date, you risk corrupting save files or causing other problems to your game.

That being said the game is buggy AF and I play without mods or CC 

Message 247 of 930 (489 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@Froyduhr  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  You can try deleting GameVersion.txt, in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4; a new one will spawn the next time you launch the game.  The issue is sometimes that this file doesn't get updated, so the game detects a mismatch between it and the version of the game itself, meaning it thinks you've newly updated.

If this doesn't help, please see the other suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 248 of 930 (479 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks so much crinrictHERO.  It was my AVG Anti-Virus. I have now included an exception on My User Folder, were The Mods are.  Also, an executable exception with the Sims 4 exe files.  I have entered the right version in version.txt file, as I think AVG was blocking that.  Now I have all my Mods back, but I have to re-mod all my sims, and replace all the missing Mod objects. Bit annoyed with AVG about this. 

Message 249 of 930 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lionhart127 Glad to hear that help.

AVG is just trying to protect your user data from being encrypted by Ransomware and obliviously doesn't know the Sims doesn't count as that.

Ransomware protection is getting more and more fierce these days but at the end of the day, it's better to have something blocked when it shouldn't then the other way round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 250 of 930 (461 Views)