FIX THIS MODS DISABLED BUG IN SIMS4!

by Lionhart127

Original Post

Re: Mods keep on being disabled? After every update!

★ Guide

This isn't a bug it's how it's supposed to work. It's so you can load your game and if the update needs to make changes it can do it without mods potentially breaking the first run and ruining the game or your save files. 

Message 231 of 930 (556 Views)

Re: New Update wont let me enable my mods

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@NiaamarieeI tried that my self. Didn't fix a thing. I tried the first post steps and it still doesn't work. I can't record screenshots or video or use the Gallery.

I tried to repair the game as well. Still not working.

Message 232 of 930 (535 Views)

★★ Expert
Message 233 of 930 (538 Views)

★★★ Guide

Calm down. After a game update, you can just re-enable the mods.

This is the way its supposed to work. When the game updates, sometimes mods made for the previous version stop working as intended. Now, that could be anything from visual bugs, to game play glitches, or missing interactions, all the way up to game crashes or save game corruption. 

To protect your saved games, after every update mods are disabled.  When there is an update, check with the mod authors to see if they have made an update to their mod. Think of it as a reminder to keep your mods up to date.  

Message 234 of 930 (531 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues : says wwwwwwwwwww on everything and wont open/show anything

@LadyAngelchan  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 235 of 930 (501 Views)

Mods always disabled after update?

★★★★ Novice

If EA do not want us to have mods in Sims4, then why have the mods option in the game settings?  Thousands of creators have created mods for Sims4 and EA want that stopped? So many times after each update this bug keeps coming back, and EA will NOT fix it?  BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT IT FIXED!  EA don't care about mods, they even tell you to remove the mods folder after updates!  EA keep grabbing your money for expansion packs, but WILL NOT fix this ongoing bug.  EA will NOT get a penny more of my money, until they fix this bug once and for all!

Message 236 of 930 (527 Views)

FIX THIS MODS DISABLED BUG IN SIMS4!

★★★★ Novice

Sick to death of EA NOT fixing this ongoing problem. Deleting the options.ini file used to fix the problem, but no longer?  Because EA don't want it fixed! How can they treat all the creators of mods like that? EA WILL NOT GET A PENNY MORE OF MY MONEY unless they fix this!

Message 237 of 930 (504 Views)

Re: Mods always disabled after update?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lionhart127 Did the suggestions in that thread I moved your other posts to not work ? Are you using Avast/AVG ?

Is this about you not being able to re-enable them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 238 of 930 (514 Views)

Re: Mods always disabled after update?

★ Guide

Hi, this is by design, not a bug.  Please use the feedback section for this type of comment.

Message 239 of 930 (513 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

Hero
@John_Zonbi Does it work if you temporarily turn off Avast completely ? Are you using any other Antivirus programs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 240 of 930 (494 Views)