Re: Mods/CC not working after December update

by wallaosg

Original Post

Gallery Broken

★ Guide

All I see is the loading icon and red X's. I click on something and it tells me it can't find the item. I tried changing up the search filters and closing the gallery but it still persists. Just started today. Wasn't a problem before.

Message 201 of 930 (638 Views)

Re: My game says it's up to date but it's not

★★★ Newbie

yes  i use avast but that wasn't an issue before 

Message 202 of 930 (600 Views)

Re: My game says it's up to date but it's not

★★★ Newbie

i turned of avast completely and I'm still having the same isues

Message 203 of 930 (687 Views)

December 2020 update - Gallery, Showcase No pictures

★★★★ Novice

I haven't seen any posts for this issue yet and the EA Tech people sent me here to look for possible answers since they can't help (after contacting them twice). EA had me clear my cache and repair my game through Origin, but nothing has helped.

After the December 2020 "Major" update, I can no longer view any pictures in the Gallery, Spark'd uploads, my Showcase, or in the News sidebar. If it's supposed to have a picture, all I see is either a red X or in the case of the News sidebar "!".  When I click on a box to view anything, I get a message that says "Could not locate this item." 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Origin and Sims 4 twice, restarting my computer after each uninstall and reinstall. 

I don't use Mods or CC.

If anyone has also experienced this after this update and has had any luck figuring out and fixing the issue, please let me know (and EA as well since they don't seem to know what the problem is either). 

Message 204 of 930 (680 Views)

mods sims

★★★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded the new Sims 4 Update and since that moment, I couldn't enable my Mods anymore!
I've tried restarting the game and the launcher several times. I've even restart my PC at some point, but nothing seems to help? 
What should I do? 

Message 205 of 930 (690 Views)

Re: mods sims

★ Novice

Same when I try to download cc it says cant find game and when i go onto the game I change it to say enable mods but it still doesnt work please help!

Message 206 of 930 (686 Views)

Re: Dec 2020 update - I cannot re-access mods.

★★★ Newbie
@SimStella5 This worked. thank you! Never would have figured it out on my own,
Message 207 of 930 (672 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem, every time I start the game the message saying "the modifications have been disabled" appears, then I go there and active and after I restart the message still appears "the modifications have been disabled". I cannot play without my mods.

Message 208 of 930 (635 Views)

Re: Gallery Broken

@John_Zonbi @DreaminCat @DaniSakurajima and @bredtsim  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 209 of 930 (657 Views)

@wallaosg  Please try the steps listed in the first post pf this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 210 of 930 (627 Views)