Re: Sims 4 new update wont let me use CC

by mate54

Original Post

Custom Content wont show up in game

★★★ Newbie

I just updated my game for the recent infinite skins update. When I joined the game it told me that mods are disabled. I turned them back on the exited the game to turn them on. I rejoined but it gave me the same message saying that they are disabled. It keeps doing this even after I repaired my game, took all my CC out of the folder and replaced it, and deleted the cache and options files.

Message 181 of 930 (464 Views)

Re: I can't use any mods since the Dec 7th, 2020 update. Please help me

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

This fixed the issue for me! I deleted the Game Version text file after finding out it was not the same version number, moved my mods folder to desktop, and restarted the game to make sure mods and scripts were turned on in options. I quit my game, put my Mods folder back into the Sims 4 folder, and everything started like normal, even the gallery! Yay!

Message 182 of 930 (459 Views)

Re: Mods/CC not working after December update

@jatiblin  It sounds like your antivirus is blocking the game's access to your user folder.  Please see the first post of this thread for suggestions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 183 of 930 (513 Views)

mods. help

★★★ Newbie

cant enable mods. game recently updated. every time on start up I enable mods, restart game and same issue. have reinstalled the entire game, tried adding batches of mods, deleting options file, editing options file. even adding one mod in mod folder. mods are not the issue

Message 184 of 930 (467 Views)

mods wont activate after i acitvate them

★★ Novice

I recently updated my sims 4 game (Decemeber 2020 update). I use mods but I safely removed them before updating as well as updated all my broken mods. When I go into my game it gives me the pop-up saying I need to reactivate my mods, so I go to the game options and reactivate it. I save the changes and exit the game. I put my mods back into my game safely and then go back into The Sims 4. The pop-up for reactivating my mods keeps showing up and it does not save that I have activated them every time I reenter the game. I have already tried repairing the game to see if that was the issue but it still won't save me activating the mods. How can I fix this?

Message 185 of 930 (460 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@ellibarnett  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 186 of 930 (446 Views)

Sims 4 new update wont let me use CC

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything to Get my CC to be working again. I have reposted the game. I have removed all CC and started the game (it worked) bur as soon as I put any CC in it says the same. Mods are deactivated. So i tried to uninstall all my sims packs and upload them again. It worked but still the CC wont activate when i try to put a CC i know works in the mods folder... what do I do now? 

Message 187 of 930 (416 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

Hero
@joshdee719 @Seaturtlequeen09

are you using avast or AVG ? This usually happens if they block the user folder.

I merged your post with the master thread on this so please see first post for details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 188 of 930 (428 Views)

Re: Sims 4 new update wont let me use CC

Hero
@Embla_E Try deleting GameVersion.txt in your Sims 4 folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 189 of 930 (407 Views)

Re: I can't use any mods since the Dec 7th, 2020 update. Please help me

★★★★★ Newbie
@CCarlson101213 OMG THANK YOU!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!
Message 190 of 930 (425 Views)