Gallery Issues since latest patch

by Cirisimstarsi

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

@thedashby  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 161 of 930 (465 Views)

Sims 4 won't let me use mods.

★★ Novice

I know this has been a problem time and time again, but it refuses to work no matter what solution I use from those past posts.

My computer is a normal HP desktop, and it is fairly old, like, probably more than 10 years old. However, it works just fine when running the sims, and cc in general. Plus, I have had this issue before and I did successfully fix it. Problem is, I don't remember how I fixed it. Let me tell you what I have tried.

-Moving options to desktop

-Restarting the game multiple times

-Resetting to default settings

-Restarting my computer

-Repairing the game through origin

-Uninstalling and reinstalling

-Waiting a few days then coming back

Finally, the method I remember working but can't remember exactly what it was; creating a whole copy of The Sims 4 folder and renaming it Sims4, then slowly putting my mods in that bad boy. It did not work. I am on the verge of completely giving up. Please, please help. I hope my game isn't completely messed up, I love the sims.

Message 162 of 930 (498 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't let me use mods.

Champion (Retired)

@satistaeko 

Is your issue that you cant enable Mods/CC or is it something else?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 163 of 930 (478 Views)

Gallery Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Ever since the SKIN UPDATE my game has been having issues. I had to factory reset my game because mods would not enable, but now the gallery isn't working! I can access everything on MY LIBRARY but if I wanted to check out any creations - or my own creations I posted to the gallery, it shows a red X on everyone's creation and a frozen loading bar. I just fixed the mods issue and so far the only mod I have installed is MCCC.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Message 164 of 930 (474 Views)

cc wont turn back on after dec 7 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Is anyone else having issues with custom content after dec 7 update? i know after updates mods get disabled but i can go in and turn them back on and restart the game and it willnot turn them on it gives mods disabled message for sims 4

Message 165 of 930 (547 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

[ Edited ]

@ArcticDream820 and @pinhead8100  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 166 of 930 (541 Views)

Gallery Issues since latest patch

★★★ Apprentice

Hi everyone so since the latest patch I've been having problems with the sims 4 gallery when i go to open it up it has red crosses over the pictures and when i click on it says cant b located i have tried repairing the game no help taken out all my mods and cc and it is still doing it i have attached a picture to show u what is happening before this patch my game was working ok apart from a few crashes but the gallery used to work ok anyone know what the problem could b thankyou in advanced.

Message 167 of 930 (609 Views)

Mod's does not work after the update!

★★★★★ Newbie

Please help me! I have the origin game of Sims 4, and yesterday the game made an update! When I start the game is says "No mods are available" I run the game options and I enable it, so I can use it, but the game says "You have to restart the game to enable the mods" and I do it. But when I start the game again the first message shows up again and the mods are turned off. What to do, please help me!! 

Message 168 of 930 (579 Views)

Re: I can't use any mods since the Dec 7th, 2020 update. Please help me

★★★★ Novice

I was able to find a solution to the problem based off of a post I found from 2019! 

Check the Game version on the main Menu. In the new menu it is located in the bottom right hand side. 

in the Documents/Electronic arts/TheSims 4 folder there is a .txt file that says Game version. Make sure that the 2 numbers match. Mine did not, but i changed the txt file to match the number on the main menu and it fixed the problem!

Hope that helps others because I had a very hard time finding information for this and had to do A LOT of digging to find a year old post to help out.

Message 169 of 930 (561 Views)

Re: Mod's does not work after the update!

Champion (Retired)

@natalka1936 

Please see this thread.

[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..) - Answer HQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 170 of 930 (551 Views)