Re: Mods and cc won’t work after September update

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 gallery doesn't load - October 2020

Hero
@adelabilkova I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Are you using Avast/AVG ?

Please see first post for more details.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 930 (1,356 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, I am using Avast Antivirus.
Message 72 of 930 (1,353 Views)

Hero
@adelabilkova try the suggestions on the first post then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 930 (1,477 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for your answer. Only thing that helped was turning antivirus off. Thank you !
Message 74 of 930 (1,466 Views)

Mods and cc won’t work after September update

★★★ Newbie

No matter what I do my mods and cc won’t work I’ve deleted and re-downloaded them, updated them, repaired game, deleted and reinstalled game download up to date new mods and they just won’t work it keep showing this even though I’d previously re allowed them sand saved. What do I do??? 

Message 75 of 930 (1,471 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Mods and cc won’t work after September update

★★ Expert
@jessicac01--do you use Windows Defender, Avast or AVG? if so, try the steps listed here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...
Message 76 of 930 (1,446 Views)

How to I Fix the "X" Boxes in the Gallery???

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest October Update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't view anything on the gallery
What do you expect to see? Viewable gallery items
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest update disallowed my mods to work and now I can't view things in the gallery.

So after the October 2020 update, my mods weren't working so I removed them all to see which one broken/needed updating. Once my mods were removed, my gallery then stopped working. I could connect to the gallery but can't view any of the content. 

I have followed many steps like repairing the game, saving TS4 folder then opening the game so it makes a new one and all the other steps that are on the forums put it still isn't working!

Please, if someone has any idea of what else I could do to fix this issue please help!

Thanks! 

Message 77 of 930 (1,244 Views)

Re: How to I Fix the "X" Boxes in the Gallery???

Hero
@caramello_9009 What Antivirus program are you using ?

Please see first page for suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 930 (1,222 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict thank you for your reply Standard smile
I have AVG and have read the steps on the first page, I will be trying these to see if it works Standard smile
Message 79 of 930 (1,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Hello Standard smile

I went through all the steps on the first page but it still isn't working for me. Is there anything else that I could try?

Thanks Standard smile
Message 80 of 930 (1,196 Views)