Red X’s in gallery and sims homepage

by chloeohhi

Original Post

Can see thumbnail, can't load to comment or fave

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed (all EPs, GPs and SPs)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at your feed on the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? After about 1-10 views of thumbnails in my feed
What do you expect to see? When, I click on the thumbnail of the lot, room or sim in a thumbnail of my feed or on the gallery, I expect it to load within 5/10 seconds so I can comment and fave.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Noticed this after the 10/6/20 patch.

When I view thumbnails on the gallery or esp. on my feed, I click on the thumbnail to I can fave or write a comment. When I click on the thumbnail the circle shows it trying to load and 5 minutes later it's still trying. I happens within viewing 1-10 thumbnails and sometimes happens when I try to fave a lot (and I haven't tried to write a comment). 

I have added exceptions into my AVAST anti-virus and can see all of the gallery & the thumbnails in my feed without problem...I just can't click on the thumbnail and get the lot to load so I can fave or comment. I have cleaned my cache and added exceptions into my anti-virus program.

Message 21 of 924 (2,505 Views)

Gallery Issues

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I’ve update the sims 4 completely and I have all the packs and expnakison that go with the game and my regular pic is up to date as well. The past two days I’ve tried going into the gallery for a new household or lot but it won’t load. There is a white background with a thin red X in the middle of the box. I have connection as well so it isn’t that! Thank you!! 

Message 22 of 924 (2,496 Views)

Re: Can see thumbnail, can't load to comment or fave

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lsnishi

@BluBell98 

Merging this with the Avast thread although you already did this.

It looks like something is still blocking you from doing stuff on the gallery,

If you turn off Avast for testing purposes, does it work ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 924 (2,482 Views)

Red X’s in gallery and sims homepage

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey all! I’ve combed through the forums and nothing suggested so far has helped fix my game.

after the recent update, my game corrupted (my fault, I didn’t realise I had auto-updates on and mods installed) however I have since tried everything to fix it. I’ve even uninstalled the game, lost my saves and reinstalled the game but still nothing. Is anyone able to help? Would really appreciate it! 

- Chloe

Message 24 of 924 (2,487 Views)

Re: Red X’s in gallery and sims homepage

Hero
@chloeohhi What Antivirus program are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 924 (2,472 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict thank you for the help! I completely uninstalled Avast and turned off the controlled folder access protection off. And I still can see the gallery thumbnails, I just can't get them to load to DL/fave/comment. Someone said my tray folder might be too full (and I do have a lot in there of DL'ed sims, lots & rooms) but I have hesitated to do anything since I did not want to mess up my library. Not sure what to do now.
Message 26 of 924 (2,457 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict, forgot to mention that I turned off the controlled folder access protection in Windows Denfender....since I'll be relying solely on that from now on.
Message 27 of 924 (2,458 Views)

Re: Gallery - Could not locate this item

★★★★★ Newbie

How would I do this if I am using Avast? This problem just started today - I had made no changes, no updates. Just went into the game and everything was X'd out. I've gone through every other option I can find on the forums - even to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Still no success.

Message 28 of 924 (2,435 Views)

Red X in Gallery when confirmed on the internet and "could not find location"

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone. 

I noticed the last couple of days (today is Sunday 1:04am east coast) I get red X through the pictures of the gallery and when I try to click on something, it will say "could not find location".  Its like the gallery is loaded but just not connected?  (See Attached Picture)

I have narrowed it down to what appears to be that Origin is online, I am on the internet but for some reason the Gallery is not connecting.  I have run updated on Sims 4, I have repaired it, I have resaved the Sims 4 folder, restarted, etc.  Ive been on the gallery only recently so this is something fairly new within the last month (because I recently downloaded something) but I am pretty sure only the last few days i noticed it.

Message 29 of 924 (2,432 Views)

Hero
@lsnishi Try deleting all the cache files: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ and move your tray folder to the desktop

The pictures from the gallery should be saved to the cache folder, so do you have any files in there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 924 (2,423 Views)