After Ocotber 2020 update I can't re-enable mods

by RaininWatamellon

Original Post

Re: sims Gallery issues

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I gave up but i logged on after updating my game today and it was working again so hopefully things work for you as well.

Message 10 of 930 (4,127 Views)

custom content

★★ Novice

Changing the options for Custom Content doesn’t stick

The Sims 4 after updating to newest game version (9.10.2020) won't allow Custom content. Even when I switch it on, but when I restart the game, the changes for CC are gone, the rest sticks.
Repairing the game trough Origin doesn't help.

#CCisnotallowed #CCnotworking #CustomContent &Modsnotworking #Modsnotallowed

Message 12 of 930 (5,767 Views)

★★ Novice

The Sims 4 after updating to newest game version (9.10.2020) won't allow Custom content. Even when I switch it on, but when I restart the game, the changes for CC are gone, the rest sticks. Repairing the game trough Origin doesn't help. #CCisnotallowed #CCnotworking #CustomContent &Modsnotworking #Modsnotallowed

Message 13 of 930 (5,782 Views)

Re: Changing the options for Custom Content doesn’t stick

Hero
@Rhenayka Are you using Avast or AVG Anti VIrus ? They seem to be blocking changing the settings currently.

See first post for some suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 930 (5,774 Views)

Error in Gallery "could not retrieve this file"

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions except eco all game packs except star wars, dine out and spa day Stuff packs - tiny home, laundry day, fitness stuff, bowling, backyard, romantic garden, movie night, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio and luxury
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you go into my gallery all pictures have a red X through it and when you click on anything an error pops up stating there was an error "Could not retrieve this file"
What happens when the bug occurs? when you click on anything in the gallery an error pops up stating there was an error "Could not retrieve this file"
What do you expect to see? when you click on anything in the gallery an error pops up stating there was an error "Could not retrieve this file"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi Guys,

sorry if this has already been posted but I have been having issues accessing anything from the gallery. There seems to be a big red X in place of the pictures and when i click on anything an error message pops up stating "could not locate this item"

Has anyone had this issue and if so how have you managed to fix it? seems to be just after the last update yesterday

Message 15 of 930 (5,773 Views)

After Ocotber 2020 update I can't re-enable mods

★★★ Newbie

I just updated my game this morning and downloaded Eco Lifestyle. I have a lot of mods installed and when I went into the game after the update obviously it said mods were disabled so i re enabled them, exited the game and re entered it but I got a notification that said that the mods were disabled again because they may conflict with the most recent update. I tried to do the 50% method of checking my cc but I got the error every time. Can someone help me learn how to fix it? I would really like to avoid having to redownload every single one of my mods. 

Message 16 of 930 (5,764 Views)

Re: Error in Gallery "could not retrieve this file"

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Robyn-JellyI had this issue before the update a few days ago. I cant remember what items were affected, but did see in the patch notes that this issue was being addressed for PC. The current PC version should be 1.67.45.1020. If your running version 1.66.139.1020, I think your game still needs to be updated with the new patch?

Message 17 of 930 (5,749 Views)

Re: Error in Gallery "could not retrieve this file"

Hero
@Robyn-Jelly @RaininWatamellon

Merged your post with the current master on this

Are you using Avast or AVG ?

Try suggestions on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 930 (5,739 Views)

Gallery items Red X'ed out

★★★ Newbie

Hello i re-downloaded origin to play Sims 4 under the same email on a new computer and when i opened the game, the gallery would not work;  both my saves online and the open gallery all show red X'ed out for the items, saying the file cannot be found. I have both reset origin and my sims 4 folder and the problem still has not gone away. I would like some help in figuring out the problem and finding a solution as soon as possible, cause playing without the gallery feeling very disconnected. Please help me and Thank you .

Message 19 of 930 (5,734 Views)

Re: Gallery items Red X'ed out

Hero
@livesixsmurf Are you using Avast or AVG ? Try suggestions in the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 930 (5,715 Views)