Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by Uschalingen

Original Post

Re: gallery not working

@lovemesha2020  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 751 of 930 (650 Views)

Gallery not working- Sims 4

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansions, most of the game packs, some of the stuff packs, and most of the kit packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? When I click on an item it says "Can't locate item" and has big red exes over everything.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the items on the gallery and actually be able to view them/ download them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The gallery has not been working for awhile.

Message 752 of 930 (674 Views)

Mods Disabled

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the game
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open my game it says that the mods were disabled due to the new update, which is normal but it has been almost a week since the update and it still says that every time
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my mods not getting turned off
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the cottage living update.

I don't know what to do 

Message 753 of 930 (675 Views)

Re: Mods Disabled

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LemonSimmer24 I've merged your posts with the master thread on this. Both issues have the same root cause which is your antivirus software blocking the user folder.

What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 754 of 930 (638 Views)

★★ Novice

I use avast

Message 755 of 930 (604 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issues and I am on a Mac. I have no other security software downloaded than the Mac firewall.

Message 756 of 930 (570 Views)

@Simslover233  Please create a new thread in the Sims 4 Mac section:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 757 of 930 (565 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you! This is the only thing that worked
Message 758 of 930 (507 Views)

Re: In Game Screen Capture Not Saving Photos.

★★★ Newbie
@AsketiI Thankiu
Message 759 of 930 (457 Views)

Games mods failing to load after latest patch

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Recently patched to include "Scenarios" from EA games. Game was running fine "With MODS" before the most recent addition to the game. So I must assume it is the patch that has created this problem and not the mods themselves.
What happens when the bug occurs? As is usual for any patch, this resets any and all MODS, and requires a reset of these mods to continue using them. However in this case, MODS cannot be reset. (using the menu and other then enable custom content and mods) this prompts the game to state that a restart is required. However, if a restart is done, then MODS are once again disabled and and the process is to re-enable them begins again. This continues and does not stop. If you attemp to run the game without a restart all modded material vanishes, this includes clothing, buildings, and items placed in games leaving basically holes in the games where the items were and the player character running around in underware until other clothing is found.
What do you expect to see? Outfits choosen for character in the "Choose outfits" screen, buildings placed in the world editor, and other items purchased (and created by mods) in game that are not part of the original game itself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch in which "Scenarios" was added.

Most recent patch adding "Scenarios" has caused all mods to fail, and they cannot be reloaded apparently (checked for updated mods and the main ones are all current). Game requires reset everytime the mods are reset but when the game restarts it turns the mods off again, requiring a reset again and again repeatedly. This problem did not start until the latest patch and the game was running just fine with all mods until this patch. Any ideas?? Please??

Message 760 of 930 (502 Views)