Re: Can't enable mods

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: The Gallery isn’t working

@patimox  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 691 of 930 (478 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

★ Novice
@ShePlaysTheGames can you do a video or something??
Message 692 of 930 (454 Views)

Re: My game keeps disabling mods

★ Novice
Message 693 of 930 (435 Views)

Re: Gallery

★★★ Novice

Thank you for responding. I did get the issue fixed.

Message 694 of 930 (411 Views)

Can't enable mods

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

After today's update, I can't re-enable mods. It has the pop-up that mods are disabled every time I load the game.

Things I've tried:

-Moving out mods in chunks to try to figure out if one was broken. Couldn't narrow it down; I have the problem with any mod at all being in the game

-Deleting localthumbcache

-Deleting the scratch folder

-Deleting the empty mods folder after moving the mods

-Deleting the options file

Deleting the options file worked, however:

-it only works if mods are also removed from the game. If mods are in the mods folder, deleting the options file doesn't work for me

-it unchecked the script mods option. I re-checked it, re-loaded the game, and then it worked, so that's fine. Just mentioning in case that helps.

Thank you so much for any insight! 

Message 695 of 930 (403 Views)

Re: Can't enable mods

@MasheenaSims  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

Message 696 of 930 (377 Views)

Gallery Issue - content not found

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living Seasons Cats and Dogs Get to work Outdoor retreat Dine out Vampires Kids rooms Tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Login in and go onto the gallery. Hopefully it will be the same when you login.
What happens when the bug occurs? The creations in the Sims 4 gallery does not load, when you click on the picture it says can't locate content or content not found.
What do you expect to see? N/A
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Gallery issue Good day, I am desperately trying to download creations from my Sims 4 Gallery. However, It does not seem to load the content nor locate the content? It never use to do this. Now it simply does not work at all.

Message 697 of 930 (355 Views)

Re: Gallery Issue - content not found

Hero
@nixienoodle11 I merged your post with the master thread on this

What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 698 of 930 (333 Views)

Gallery won't load

★ Guide

I have tried everything!

I just deleted the game, installed it again and I started fresh, mod free vanilla game. I repaired the game, deleted local thumb.cache... I founded 4 ways to fix it, none of them work, different steps from cleaning my whole computer, and still it won't load. It doesn't load any houses or sims, or red crosses comes to the pictures. Firewall and antivirus checked. Please help!

Message 699 of 930 (324 Views)

Re: Gallery won't load

@SamanthaSunny  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the other suggestions in the first post.  In particular, make sure your specific antivirus doesn't have extra features that might be blocking the game: quite a few of them do these days.

If you don't get anywhere with that, please list the antivirus you use.

Message 700 of 930 (307 Views)