My game keeps disabling mods

by ChewyBiscuiits

Original Post

Re: My Library Items Cannot Be Found

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I am using Windows Defender and I already went and added the game files under the ransomware settings and then did a complete repair on the game.  I then cleaned out the cache and moved the options.ini file to the desktop, restarted the game, and still had the problem.  My game is online, origin is online, both are update to date with updates. 

The problem goes away when I remove my original tray file.  If I do that and then restart the game, the gallery and my library are fine.  The problem obviously has something to do with my tray file.  The question is what and how to I fix it?

Message 681 of 930 (479 Views)

my sims gallery is not working and the images show a red cross

★★★ Newbie

I've done everything I disabled my fire wall and don't have any custom content in my folders deleted the cache folder but it just came back once I open sims and I have been searching for the past hour to solve it but everything I try doesn't work please I need help

Message 682 of 930 (492 Views)

Re: my sims gallery is not working and the images show a red cross

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@MELMOO101  I actually had this once, I am not sure why. I don't use mods or CC, and I don't usually do foolish things with the game and its client. One explanation could be that the Gallery often have issues, another that I use different folders for gameplay, building and testing, and the builds with the red cross were builds saved to library in another user folder, that I then had copy/pasted tray files from for yet another build to this new folder. So somehow the information of the other uploads was attached but not completely retained. This was for the in-game library though, but I think you mean the online community gallery? I have read so many posts about this for a very long time, and yet has no one given a satisfying answer, except the ordinary troubleshooting, listed in the pinned threads on top of this section. You can try that, and also just wait awhile, and post again if by a couple of days it doesn't change. It would be nice with an official explanation though.

If you have any error messages or files in the user folder you could post the content of them under a spoiler.

Message 683 of 930 (476 Views)

Hero
@MELMOO101 What Antivirus program are you using ?

I merged your post with the main thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 684 of 930 (460 Views)
Highlighted

My game keeps disabling mods

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1751251030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? idk what this question is asking me
What happens when the bug occurs? A little notification pops up saying my mods have been disabled, even after repeatedly reenabling them.
What do you expect to see? Um...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe the patch/update was the dislikes and likes feature. Afterwards, I couldn't play using my mods/custom content.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Sims 4, restarting and updating my PC, deleting all my custom content and reuploading it. I am not sure what to do now. Any help would be appreciated because Sims 4 literally makes my life less boring and uneventful.SS of message I receive.

Message 685 of 930 (476 Views)

Re: My game keeps disabling mods

★★★ Guide
@ChewyBiscuiits when you click the buttons to reenable mods/CCs, are you restarting the game?
Message 686 of 930 (454 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am using mcafee 

Message 687 of 930 (441 Views)

Hero
@MELMOO101 Check if McAffee has some kind of Ransomware protection and add Sims as an exception there.

@ChewyBiscuiits I merged your post. What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 688 of 930 (424 Views)

The Gallery isn’t working

★★★ Newbie

The Gallery is not working for me. Since I think maybe the last 1,5 years the gallery hasn’t been working for me properly. When I want to search on the gallery for a house, room or sim the gallery is giving me a red cross saying: item can’t be found. This is showing up at all the creations I click on. 

I have tried unstalling the sims and re install but nothing seems to help fix this issue. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Message 689 of 930 (409 Views)

Re: The Gallery isn’t working

Hero
@patimox I have moved your post from The Sims Mobile to The Sims 4 boards where someone will be able to help you.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 690 of 930 (387 Views)