Re: Gallery will not connect sims 4

by JonaO703

Original Post

Re: Gallery will not connect sims 4

Champion

Hello @ACarc3 !  It sounds like your antivirus software is blocking your access.  There are steps to fix that here. 

[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..) - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Excerpt from that link:

To solve this you need to add the following files as an exception to your Antivirus Program (see instructions for your particular program on how to do this).

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Origin.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin_Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)Origin_Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin_LE\TS4.exe

Paths may vary depending on your installation.

Both Avast/AVG have sections for Ransomware. You need to add it there. Please see instructions here: Add Exceptions to Anti Virus Programs 

If you are using Windows Defender, the Ransomware settings have similar effects.

Details on how to solve this here: Windows 10 Defender – Controlled Folder Access

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 651 of 924 (492 Views)

Gallery and Mod issues

★★★ Newbie

I need help!!

2 issues

1. The gallery doesn't work. It has big red crosses over it and won't load anything.

2.I cannot get mods to enable. I have enabled it and restarted sims and still didn't load my mods. Even when I took the mods out it wouldn't enable them. 

I've updated my game and done the repair option on Origin. I have also reinstalled the game and none of these issues have been fixed.

Message 652 of 924 (446 Views)

Re: Gallery and Mod issues

@CandisKoala  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which covers both of the symptoms you've described.  Please see the first post on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 653 of 924 (443 Views)

No gallery/online access

★ Novice

I've had this issue for months now and I'm starting to get really frustrated. When I try to go to gallery everything has red "X"'s and it asks me if I want to "connect or stay offline" it immediately says no internet access after saying connect. I've cleared origin cache, i've ensured it's an exception through my antivirus, i've created a port for it, i've uninstalled and reinstalled and verified that the legacy edition isn't installed. Help meeee pleaaaase!!!

Message 654 of 924 (418 Views)

Issues with enabling Custom Content

★★ Novice

I updated my game 5/27 and I have tried to enable my custom content a couple times. I clock enable custom content and then I close my game and restart it but the custom content does not get enabled (I keep getting the notification that I need to enable it and restart game). I have done this several times. 

Message 655 of 924 (391 Views)

Sims 4 keeps undoing enable custom content and mods

★★★ Novice

With this new update it keeps  undoing enable custom content and mods and saying mods disabled even though I have clicked it and restarted my game. I have never had this problem before and I have tried removing the option from Sims 4, I have repaired my game, the mods I have in there are all up to date and nothing is working. 

Message 656 of 924 (390 Views)

Re: Issues with enabling Custom Content

[ Edited ]

@sjordao and @Rosa1300  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page  one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 657 of 924 (368 Views)

Still can't get Mods to stay enabled

★ Guide

I can't get Mods to stay enabled. I followed the Antivirus instructions, my game update version matches the ini file. I can get mods to stay enabled if I remove the mod folder but not when I have the actual mods in the folder. Any other advice?

Message 658 of 924 (350 Views)

Re: Still can't get Mods to stay enabled

Champion (Retired)

@Lolzarella 

You need to add exceptions in you Antivirus like explained in the mentioned thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 659 of 924 (347 Views)

Re: Still can't get Mods to stay enabled

★ Guide

I did, still broken.

Message 660 of 924 (338 Views)