Re: My mods are not showing

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Re: How to renable mods after sims 4 update

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kiku72 Are you using oneDrive ? You can run the game with either oneDrive or using the local folder but the game often likes to switch between them so your data seems lost. I do recommend using the local folder and switching oneDrive off for the game but that doesn't have anything to do with Origin cloud save. The game doesn't use Origin cloud save at all.

The redX are usually caused by the game not being able to download the cache files to your cache folder which is most often the case if your antivirus program is blocking the user folder.

So let's take step by step:

- What security software are you using ?
- Are you still getting that error you have posted above ?
- Is the user account your playing on an admin account (it's advised to use an admin account. Non-admin accounts often lack the rights the game needs).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 611 of 924 (390 Views)

Re: Screenshots still don't appear

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply well it is weird because origin says the games are saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games but the folder is empty but I have been saving my files in My Documents in One Drive...because apparently Windows 10 does that automatically so I deleted the shortcut in OneDrive and unlinked the One Drive Account hoping that every time I launch the game a new folder EA games>Sims 4 stops appearing in One Drive, didn't seemed to help, so I deleted One Drive but it keeps launching the game and saving it in One Drive which is confusing. Anyways I still have the   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games empty and can't find the TS4 executables anywhere...

I send attached the figures about what is going on with the screen shot captures (EMPTY) HOWEVER I decided once and for all to delete the AVAST Anti-Virus, launch the game and take screenshots...which actually worked!!! So I believe I will just try a new anti-virus then and hope I can still take screenshots...

Message 612 of 924 (372 Views)

Re: Screenshots still don't appear

[ Edited ]
Hero

@joadin Do you have admin rights on your computer ? Did you reinstall the game yet ? Check in add/remove programs if you find it there and uninstall it (maybe even use revoUninstaller). Then reinstall.

Backup your user files.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 613 of 924 (354 Views)

Sims Gallery Issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I go to Gallery to find a house or so and the thumbnail image is a big red X. when I click on it it says "Could not locate this item"
What happens when the bug occurs? thumbnail image is a big red X. when I click on it it says "Could not locate this item"
What do you expect to see? A censor, what question is this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I go to Gallery to find a house or so and the thumbnail image is a big red X. when I click on it it says "Could not locate this item"

Message 614 of 924 (359 Views)

Re: Sims Gallery Issue

Hero
@GrungeCat_xox I merged your post with the main thread on this. What security software are you using ? Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 615 of 924 (341 Views)

Custom Content & Mods

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I can't seem to enable custom content and Mods. Every time I check the box and apply changes, exist the game and go back in, it's not enabled. I've been trying for a month now.

Message 616 of 924 (355 Views)

Re: Custom Content & Mods

Champion (Retired)

@Shabnamgreenham2 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 617 of 924 (344 Views)

My mods are not showing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? only the cats and dogs pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when you make a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? the modes that I installed are not showing even after allowing the modes.
What do you expect to see? the modes that I installed should be there when I create a sim
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if a screenshot can help, but I searched everywhere and I still can't see my mods. I even delted everything I had and installd new ones and they did not show up in the game.

Message 618 of 924 (312 Views)

Re: My mods are not showing

Hero (Retired)
@adiavni I've merged your post into the thread for this issue. Please read the first post to see if it helps you.
Message 619 of 924 (302 Views)

Re: Custom Content & Mods

★★★ Newbie

it worked, thank you so much for all your help :-)

Message 620 of 924 (292 Views)