Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: CODE ALREADY USED BUT I DIDN'T

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Highlighted

CODE ALREADY USED BUT I DIDN'T

★★ Newbie

Hi, I am trying to put my the sims 3 in my library, but origin won't let me do it, it says it is already registered. I don't remember putting it already, since I've always played using the disks. 

Message 1 of 2 (136 Views)
Highlighted

Re: CODE ALREADY USED BUT I DIDN'T

@jddb324  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Did you ever register your content on the old Sims 3 site ( www.thesims3.com or store.thesims3.com )?  If so, that's why Origin reads the code as used: Origin and the old site share information.  Sims 3 should already be in the Origin account associated with the Sims 3 account though.  Even if you never deliberately made an Origin account, the two were tied together a number of years ago.

If you're not sure what email you might have used back then, you can enter any address you had into the login window in Origin or on the Sims 3 site and click "Forgot your password?"  Any address associated with an account should receive a password recovery email.  Be sure to check you spam folder too.

If this doesn't help, then you'll need to contact EA customer support for more help.  Support is on reduced hours right now, with phone calls unavailable entirely and live chat only open from 9 am to midnight GMT, Monday through Saturday.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)
Twitter Stream