Re: [CL] Apartment Neighbors Ask To Visit But Get Rejected Immediately

by Winterspell01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CL] Apartment Neighbors Ask To Visit But Get Rejected Immediately

★★ Apprentice

So,  my sim recently moved into the city in the apartment 930 Medina Studios and has a neighbor in the room right next door. Sometimes this neighbor will come over and ask to hang out for one reason or another but when I go to reply he immediately acts like he gets rejected and goes back into his room. Sometimes a "rejected hand" thought bubble will be over his head too. There is no relationship change. (( I will double check this as soon as possible but it seems like he only gets rejected as soon as my sim queues to talk to him )) This may be a different issue but the neighbor also leaves the chat suddenly when my sim interacts with him and will sometimes enter my place uninvited and use my stuff. 

My machine was recently reset so I decided to start anew with an old sim I had saved and shared and not reload my old world.

I do not use mods and never have.

I have all the extra content except for the following "Stuff Packs"   :   Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, and Movie Hangout.

I just started back up again as of 10/Dec/16 with a fresh game.

Message 1 of 7 (959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The Sim is not a keyholder, right ?

There is a current issue where NPCs just walz into the apartment uninvited.

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if it's game or save related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,022 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you tried repairing the game through Origin yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Okay so I repaired my game like you suggested and started playing again. My neighbor came in and asked to brainstorm with my sim so I watched him for a few moments. I clicked on him and he still wasn't leaving. Then I hit "Invite to brainstorm" And he immediately gets rejected and goes back into his room. If I'm not mistaken sims should wait around 1 sim hour for a response and I only took 7 minutes on this.

Edit: Okay so about 3 sim hours later once again my neighbor comes into my room while my sim is busy and starts using things in my room. (This is in the middle of the night when my sim is sleeping) Maybe they are accepting the reply late for some reason? But my sim doesn't even get over to where the neighbor is he leaves so fast.

Message 3 of 7 (933 Views)

Hero

The Sim is not a keyholder, right ?

There is a current issue where NPCs just walz into the apartment uninvited.

Could you start a new game for testing purposes to see if it's game or save related ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,023 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Keyholder" but I can try starting a new game with a completely new sim.

Message 5 of 7 (914 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It appears to be a problem with my save game. He was not a key holder but it was definately the save because some of the other oddities are also gone with the new game. Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 7 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you still have the old save ? If so, are you wiling to share it so I can try if I can duplicate your issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (902 Views)