Re: CCs won't show up at all

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

CCs won't show up at all

★★★ Newbie

Could I get some help?

So basically what happened is that I reset my whole laptop because I got a virus on it. When it started up the first thing I did was download origin and then download Sims 4. I went into my game as usual and started a whole new game. I then went to go download cc and downloaded around 960 files. I went into my documents clicked on electronic arts and put all of my mods in my mod folder. I started my game and not a single item showed up. The pop up that I would normally see that showed me all my downloaded cc and mods wasn't even there. I've restarted my game multiple times, repaired it multiple times, and even uninstalled then installed my game multiple times. I even uninstalled origin then downloaded it again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong I have custom content and script mods enabled. All of my files are either .package or .rar and all of my cc says it is compatible. Please help me I'm going out of my mind trying to figure out the problem and I was really looking forward to playing my sims with all of my cc since I am on spring break and have all this free extra time.

Thank you

-Angie

Message 1 of 4 (368 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Go into Game Options | Other and enable. Mods/CC. All your .rar files must be unpacked using WinRAR or other unpack program that can handle rar files.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thank you for helping me out and I understand that I need to unpack my .rar files but what I don't understand is that they still won't show up. The cc that has .package at the end of it won't show up either no matter what I do. If you have any other solutions that would be really helpful. 

Thank you

-Angie

Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In that case they are not in the correct folder: Please see this link for help with Mods and CC.
https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (347 Views)