Re: CC wont work on Sims 3

by graceymanors

Original Post

CC wont work on Sims 3

★ Novice

ive been trying to add CC to my sims 3 game for days now. ive looked everywhere, and watched multiple tutorials. ive redownloaded the mods folder multiple times, ive deleted all the cache files, ive tried many different CC and ive made sure my game is up to date. and yes ive been adding the .package files into my packages folder. i just find it weird my Nraas and my slider mod  works but my CC skins wont work? if anybody can help that would be epic..

Message 1 of 6 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]

@MilqyWays  One common issue with cc skins is downloading multiple default replacements for the same category.  Since you can only have one default replacement, the others don't show up.  So please either try adding just one cc skin, or download non-default replacements and see whether they work.

Please also keep in mind that it often takes another visit to CAS to force a default skin to be applied to existing sims.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict ive made sure im using only 1 CC skin at a time, but it still wont show up. ive also used both default and non default skins 

Message 3 of 6 (376 Views)

@MilqyWays  If you create a new sim, does the skin show as an option?  Feel free to link me a couple skins (in a PM; cc download links aren't allowed on this site) if you'd like me to test myself.

Message 4 of 6 (365 Views)

★★★ Guide

I know this may seem like an obvious question, but did you make sure to check and see if it was Sims 3 CC? This has happened to me in the past.

Sometimes creators edit their photos, and its hard to tell if its ts3 or ts4, especially if the .packagefile isn't named.

Message 5 of 6 (292 Views)

@graceymanors  I guess the most obvious point is that TS2 and TS4 cc don't work in-game.  So if you install a new .package file and you can't find it, and also your game suddenly takes a lot longer to load, you might be suspicious.  And of course Sims3Pack files are for Sims 3 by definition, so you really only have to worry about .package files.

I personally only install cc into a clean user folder, so I can take a look without worrying about corrupting my own saves.  It's more work on the front end but so much easier than cleaning up after the fact.

Message 6 of 6 (276 Views)