by Daedric7006Ghost

Original Post

CC related leg bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download some dresses, trousers, shorts made by the community and have your sims wear it. It happens over 90% of time.
What happens when the bug occurs? A weird thing seems to be stretching between two legs.
What do you expect to see? Normally having my sims wear clothings :D
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not sure, after the June 4th update or installing Eco Lifestyle expansion pack.

Hello, there is another topic related to this issue, i was also having this problem before but somebody found a workaround (changing some graphic settings) and it worked for me. But after the last patch or expansion pack, i nearly tried every graphical setting combinations (:D) and it still happens. Tried reinstalling all my custom content by deleting whole mods directory, did not work either. I do not have any mods, just custom content.

Here is the previous thread that had been closed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-Leg-Glitch-Bug/td-p/6781261

Message 1 of 8 (3,034 Views)

Re: CC related leg bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@JuliaChang93: If it's broken CC and it started with the latest patch and/or EP, you'll have to either take it up with the author(s), or hope Sims 4 Studio introduces a Batch Fix.

Message 2 of 8 (3,029 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It occurs with most of my CCs from different creators Frown And with the graphical settings i mentioned the problem had been fixed before but happened again after the patch or the pack...

Message 3 of 8 (3,010 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hello again, since my topic is moved to other directory i need to clarify that i am having this issue on Mac; not PC. And still hoping to see a message that might be a resolution to my problem, because it happens with nearly all my CCs... :/

Message 4 of 8 (2,956 Views)

@JuliaChang93  Sorry for the late reply.  Have you tried changing the graphics settings in-game to see whether that makes a difference?  Even if you don't want to play on those settings in general, knowing that one or another makes the problem go away can point to a particular internal setting (i.e. one you can't reach through the normal settings menu) that you might be able to tweak.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 8 (2,909 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I am also so sorry for being late, haven't been playing sims for a while :/ I tried many adjustments on graphical settings and only thing seems to work is setting everything to very high. Since it makes my game too laggy, it is impossible for me to use these CCs. It was not like this before, even with much more lower settings there was no issue. After the date i created this topic, nothing has changed Frown

Message 6 of 8 (2,874 Views)

@JuliaChang93  It could be that the custom content just isn't made well for anything except the highest graphics settings.  That's true of a lot of custom content, and it may be exacerbated in macOS due to how different the graphics drivers are from the ones in Windows.

If you'd like to experiment a bit, you could manually edit a file called graphicsrules.sgr to change some of the internal settings.  The way it works is, you pick a value for a certain in-game setting (e.g. sim details on high or medium or whatever), and that corresponds to a number of specific values the game uses to decide how to render objects or lighting at various distances.  But by editing graphicsrules, you can manually change any given value on its own without having to change any others, so you could for example change how shadows are rendered without altering any other lighting settings.

Since you know that playing on ultra settings makes the cc look fine but using high settings does not, you could eliminate a number of values as potential causes of the problem, leaving only the ones where the values applied at high and ultra settings are different.  This might seem a bit complicated, but I'd be happy to help you go through it, if you'd like to try.  Just let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (2,859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just set the graphic settings of the option  “sims” to very high

Message 8 of 8 (2,370 Views)