Re: CC outfits on sims gone

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

CC outfits on sims gone

★★★★ Novice

After my mods folder glitched out I fixed it, but the custom content outfits I put on my sims are no longer on them.

Message 1 of 8 (1,766 Views)

@thedoughnanapro  If you save your progress with the custom content missing, your sims won't be wearing it even after the cc works again.  Please make sure the custom content is currently loading in-game, e.g. in Create a Sim.  If it is, try recovering a backup save: you're looking for one from before you saved without the cc present.  You might lose some progress, but it's probably better than having to redress all your sims.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/recover-backup-save-game/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (1,763 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It didn't work, there were no recovery saves. CC works, but my outfits are still gone

Message 3 of 8 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]

@thedoughnanapro  If you most recently used "save as" to rename the save, you'd need to use the previous version of the save, i.e. the last one created before the "save as."  You can also use the manual method listed in Crinrict's guide: look at the modified dates on the save files and try recovering one with a recent date.

If you're still not seeing any recoverable saves, please take a screenshot of your saves folder, and let me know how long you've been playing this particular save.

Message 4 of 8 (1,728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

my most recent saves are from 6/13/2020 through 12/31/2020 but the family I want to play with were in the saves that are in November. So even if i wanted to go back the family doesn't exist in june.

Message 5 of 8 (1,711 Views)

@thedoughnanapro  Do you see the Slot_00000009.save.ver2 file, dated November 14?  There are also .ver3 and .ver4 files from the same day.  Try renaming one of those to Slot_0000000b.save (seven zeros and then a b), and see whether your custom content shows up on your sims.  If not, don't save your progress.

Message 6 of 8 (1,708 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i've tried that, it was all the same.

Message 7 of 8 (1,692 Views)

@thedoughnanapro  Then it sounds like you might be stuck reapplying all the custom content.  I'm sorry there isn't a better way around it, but if the cc is gone from your sims, there's no way to automatically restore it.

Message 8 of 8 (1,681 Views)