CC not working

by RawrrDinosaur18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC not working

★★★★★ Novice
My cc isnt working, on the game i have script mods allowed on and I enabled custom content and mods and after i downloaded the cc the folder i put it in was Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods, and everytime i open the sims the cc doesnt work and when i view my custom content list in the game theres nothing in it and i moved all my mods into a backup folder, deleted the game and re-installed it but it's still not working. Im not sure what im doing wrong, if somebody could help me that would be great. Thank you Standard smile
Message 1 of 7 (612 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC not working

@RawrrDinosaur18  You could use a symbolic link to tell the game where to look for your data.  Be sure to only move the Sims 4 folder, or perhaps the Electronic Arts folder, not all of Documents.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (509 Views)

All Replies

@RawrrDinosaur18  Please open a File Explorer window, navigate to your Mods folder, and take a screenshot of the contents.  Be sure to include the file path, above the list of files and folders, in the screenshot.

Message 2 of 7 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Incase you're wondering, maxone is my hard dive, and I also took my Sims 4 folder from my documents and pasted it into my hard drive. Also this has worked before I had the Sims 4 in my hard drive and like 900 mods and CC and it worked just fine but someone in my family deleted the Sims 4 game so I had to re install it.

Message 3 of 7 (541 Views)

@RawrrDinosaur18  The issue is that the Sims 4 folder and all its contents have to be in the Documents directory.  The game can't find the Electronic Arts folder anywhere else and will create a new one in Documents if necessary.

Please put your mods and custom content in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods, and see if the files work.

Message 4 of 7 (531 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It doesnt work, I dont have any storage space left thats why I put it on my hard drive, it's worked before but just now I copied my sims 4 folder and tried pasting it into my Documents folder and it didnt work because it said I had to free up 15 GB. Is there any way I can change the location that the game will take the mods and cc from? Thank you

Message 5 of 7 (512 Views)

@RawrrDinosaur18  You could use a symbolic link to tell the game where to look for your data.  Be sure to only move the Sims 4 folder, or perhaps the Electronic Arts folder, not all of Documents.

https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/02/moving-windows-documents-folder-to-external-drive-via-symbolic-lin...

Message 6 of 7 (510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh my god thank you so much it worked! I've been trying to figue this out for so long and I can't wait to start playing again! You are a miracle worker, thank you so much again!

Message 7 of 7 (499 Views)