Re: CC not working

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC not working

★ Novice

For some reason, the new CC I just downloaded isn't working. I have installed a mod previously which works fine. The game is fully updated, there are no subfolders, the files are not zipped, the CC is not recolours. I've read a bunch of other people with this problem and all the suggestions they get, I've already done. When I start up the game and it shows me my custom content, it only shows the mod I had previously installed. Mods and CC are enabled, but I cannot work out why my new CC isn't working. I've done everything correctly but it just won't show up in the game.

Message 1 of 9 (849 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @acegracek

you probably have the mod that's working installed in the correct folder as well, that's why it's working and the rest not.

Check in your user folder to see which mods are installed there and then move the ones that aren't over to the folder in documents.

Make sure to delete the mods folder in program files afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (755 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @acegracek

is it just one piece of cc that's not showing up or several ? If it's just one, can you try a different one ? Maybe the one you downloaded isn't a Sims 4 download or otherwise no longer compatible with the game. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (832 Views)

★ Novice

I've downloaded multiple pieces of CC (around 10) from different creators, and not a single one is showing up. They're all sims 4 and say that they're base game compatible.

Message 3 of 9 (830 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Could you post a screenshot of the content of your mods folder ? Maybe something catches the eye

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (807 Views)

★ Novice

Untitled.pngThe two bottom files both work for a mod I use, the rest of them aren't working

Message 5 of 9 (772 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @acegracek

You have for some reason created a Mods folder in the main game folder. This will not work. They need to be in your user folder normally placed here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 9 (763 Views)

Hero

Hi @acegracek

you probably have the mod that's working installed in the correct folder as well, that's why it's working and the rest not.

Check in your user folder to see which mods are installed there and then move the ones that aren't over to the folder in documents.

Make sure to delete the mods folder in program files afterwards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you help me?

My Sims 4 is updated and everything, I have the mods/cc in the right folder.

I know this because the little bar at start up will show up with all of the cc listed

but when I go in CAS, they arent anywhere

( I also have the boxes checked allowing script mods and cc)

I used to be able to have some show up but not all

Now none will show up.

Please help..

Message 8 of 9 (682 Views)

Hero
What kind of cc are you using ? Recolors ?

If they show on the list, the game should recognize them but maybe they show differently then you expect ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (658 Views)