CC not showing up in game.

by Simmer1367

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC not showing up in game.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

A couple months ago I bought The Sims 4 for my PC. I found out about cc and wanted to download some. I checked to see if the game was using the right folder and it is, I deleted everything, and checked to see if allow cc was on in game options. I have no idea what to do now. I have a couple pieces in my mods folder all adobe files and packages if that helps and everytime I click open file it says Adobe Reader could not open because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged. I don't think this is normalWondering Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 10 (1,083 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC not showing up in game.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simmer1367
Well, we have tried a different method.
You will lose nothing. Go to menu Start/ Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename this The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old" /Right click on the game folder - option "rename"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Step 3. Turn on the game - new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old , one new
Step.4. Take random sim and start a new game. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder. / Right click on the folder - option - copy
Step. 7 Paste this folder in a newly created game folder. / Right click on the new game folder - option - paste
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder
Step 9. Turn on the game, go to your save and check if all is OK now
Step.10 If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder which - I hope- is working properly and has a mods folder.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (1,055 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simmer1367
Don't try to open the CC package file with any program. This is supposed to work as it is.
If you have still any mods or CC in the mods folder, move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin. If you have no mods delete this old mods folder, this file and fix the game also.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and new Resource.cfg file. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if it is showing in the game. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method

Don't forget to turn on the "show mods and CC" option in the game options
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

moved the mods folder to desktop and repaired the game and it didn't give me a new mods folder. For some reason it automatically runs the cc files with adobe reader. Is there a way to fix that?

Message 3 of 10 (1,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Simmer1367
Well, we have tried a different method.
You will lose nothing. Go to menu Start/ Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename this The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old" /Right click on the game folder - option "rename"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Step 3. Turn on the game - new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old , one new
Step.4. Take random sim and start a new game. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder. / Right click on the folder - option - copy
Step. 7 Paste this folder in a newly created game folder. / Right click on the new game folder - option - paste
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder
Step 9. Turn on the game, go to your save and check if all is OK now
Step.10 If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder which - I hope- is working properly and has a mods folder.

Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. 

Message 4 of 10 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie
to fix the game do I repair it from Origin?
Message 5 of 10 (1,048 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Yes, and you have to wait until Origin check all your packs - not an only base game. It will be about 10 minutes

Message 6 of 10 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It did not give me a new sims 4 folder. I appreciate all the help! I did something similar to this and it gave me a new folder, I'm not sure why it didn't this time. I think the cc might not be working because of the adobe reader. Everytime I download something (from TSR) it makes me choose a program to open it with? 

Message 7 of 10 (1,028 Views)

Re: All CC for Sims 4 wont work in game from the way file was saved?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Everytime I download cc it makes me chose a program to open it with. Then it automatically chooses adobe acrobat reader. I'm only downloading package files. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,009 Views)

@Simmer1367  I moved your newest post into your existing thread, as it's better to keep everything in one place.  (Also, the other thread was three years old.)

When you download a cc file, you shouldn't try to open it.  Instead, choose "save file" and select where you want the file to land.  If it comes in .zip format, you'll need to double-click it to unzip it, but otherwise, don't try to open it; just place it in your Mods folder as usual.

By the way, after you removed your TS4 game folder and repaired the game, did you launch it?  If so, you would necessarily have a new game folder somewhere on your computer.  If you don't see it, open the game again and create a save with an unusual name.  (There's no need to spend much time on it; this is just for testing.)  Then open a File Explorer window and search for that unusual name.  That's where your new game folder landed.

If it's in OneDrive, the best thing to do is move the folder back to Documents\Electronic Arts and then disable OneDrive entirely.  TS4 may not be able to read its folder there, and it will keep spawning new copies of the game folder as they get uploaded to cloud storage.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 10 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yes I launched it twice. And thank you! I found it. It worked!! Thank you so much!

Message 10 of 10 (983 Views)