Re: CC missing from gameplay

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay copied and pasted with a couple items in a new folder, installed in the launcher, still nothing. None of the items I installed showed up.
Message 11 of 14 (406 Views)

@guccmoney420  Even stranger.  I'll admit, I've never seen anything like it.  Can you download and install a store item, just as a test?  It can be anything that you'd recognize in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 14 (401 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Okay I tried the copy paste a couple more times, and checked and unchecked the “run without cc” box a couple times, cleared my caches, restarted my computer, and now most of my cc is back! Now the only issue I have is the cc houses I have downloaded won’t show in game, some of them are in the worlds of my save files, but they aren’t in the “empty houses” folder in Edit Town. It’s just the houses, everything else has returned as far as I know
Message 13 of 14 (384 Views)

@guccmoney420  That sounds great; you're most of the way there.  The saved lots themselves are in Library inside your old game folder.  I didn't suggest moving them over right away because there's no point in doing so before you know your other cc is working.  Now though, the whole Library folder can be copied into your new game folder (if there's already a Library folder in the new game folder, just delete it).

Test again, and if the houses show up, you can move your saves, store content, and anything else you want to keep from the old game folder to the new one.

By the way, if any of the downloaded houses don't show up in the in-game bin, but you've placed them in one of your saves, you can always just load that save and save the lot to the bin yourself.  But I get that it's more of a hassle that way; better to just copy and paste the old files.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 14 (376 Views)