CC isn't working (PC)

by pocketfulofsims

Original Post

CC isn't working (PC)

★★ Novice

So about 2 weeks ago I logged in to the Sims 4 and was shocked to see that all my progress was lost, and my cc never showed up. Now i dont care to much about losing progress because i dont play with to many families, but about the cc i was almost in tears because ive been playing for a while now, and i have SOOOOOO much cc i cant even keep track. i ve literally done everything to get it back, and i dont really understand anymore. Plllllleeeeeaaaasssseee help me please

Notes:

Saves (Documents\sims4\saves) never really show up in my sims 4 folder and my cache folder is empty, so i cant delete anything (?im pretty sure thats what people are doing, ive been looking at the frums for a long time now?)

I just like a few minutes ago tested this, because i gonna re download all my cc and more after, but i deleted it all, re downloaded one hair, and put it back into the mods folder. when i opened up the game again, it wasnt there. again. for about the third time. im so freaking done.

I've had script mods and cc enabled in the game options the whole time.

whhhhhyyyyyyy

Message 1 of 4 (525 Views)

Re: CC isn't working (PC)

★★ Novice

Btw i forgot to say but when i opened my game and my progress was gone, i opened my files and the mods folder was empty, except for resource.something or other, but that was there before i even put cc in the game. i thought it was important so when i deleted all my cc, i tried to find it but it wasnt there.

Message 2 of 4 (486 Views)

Hero

Hi @pocketfulofsims 

sounds like either your user folder got deleted by accident or the game is actually using a different one (the game likes to do that with OneDrive).

Here's a few tips what you can try: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/ but first try to find out which folder the game actually uses.

Here's instructions for that: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (472 Views)

★★ Novice
thanks will try <3
Message 4 of 4 (455 Views)