Re: CC isn’t showing up in game

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

CC isn’t showing up in game

★ Novice

I have downloaded a lot of CC from TSR and it’s showing in my game launcher as installed but for some reason it isn’t showing up in the game. Please help 😭

Message 1 of 10 (768 Views)

@daicannon  Did you also delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 game folder?  (I mean the one in Documents\Electronic Arts.)  If not, please do that first—they should be deleted any time you add or remove content from your game folder.  These files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, or you already did it, please move the entire game folder out of Documents\EA and onto your desktop, open the launcher to create another game folder, and install just one custom content file.  Test in-game and let me know whether it works.  Your saves and other content will be in your old game folder, but you can transfer over the files later, once you've sorted out your cc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (754 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted the files and created the new folder. Now for some reason I can’t seem to get any downloads to go to the launcher so I can download items. Do you by any chance know how to get them from the new folder onto the launcher? 

Message 3 of 10 (699 Views)

@daicannon  You'll need to specifically place the files you want to install in the Downloads folder inside the new game folder,  or the launcher won't read it.  Are you downloading fresh, or looking for your existing content?  It's easy enough to transfer an old .Sims3Pack to the Downloads folder and see whether it shows up.

Message 4 of 10 (694 Views)

★ Novice

Okay I’ve done that. Now my launcher is saying it can’t connect to EA download manager. Could that be the problem? Thank you again for all your help 

Message 5 of 10 (690 Views)

@daicannon  What patch level are you on?  If you're not sure, check the lower left corner of the launcher.  Please list the full number, or take a screenshot.

Message 6 of 10 (683 Views)

★ Novice

it says no current updates available 

Message 7 of 10 (671 Views)

@daicannon  Yes, your game is fully up to date.  Let's start over: trash the new game folder, then clear Internet Explorer's cache, which is where the launcher settings are stored.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorite sites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Open the launcher again to create another clean folder, quit, download one cc item in .Sims3Pack form.  (Make sure the browser is saving it, not trying to open it.)  Move the file to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, open the launcher again, and see if it's there.  Don't try to sign into the launcher, just install the cc item if you can.  If you get an error message, please post a screenshot of it.

Message 8 of 10 (662 Views)

★ Novice

Okay I got it to work for one download and I tested it, it showed up in the game but now its sending the unable to connect to EA download manager message again.

Message 9 of 10 (649 Views)

@daicannon  Please send me a screenshot of the error.  There was a problem with the launcher a few months ago that was resolved, and a separate one a year and a half ago that is still ongoing but has a workaround.  I'd like to know if this is either of these two issues, or a different one.

Message 10 of 10 (630 Views)