Re: CC installed on new PC doesn't show up, but CC installed on old PC still doe

by MigraineLeFay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC installed on new PC doesn't show up, but CC installed on old PC still does?

★★★★★ Newbie

OK, so I was a pretty hardcore Sims2 player/modder back in the day (I worked for Maxis at the time), but I don't understand ANYTHING about Origin and I suspect it may have something to do with this issue. Any help would be appreciated.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up Sims4, meaning to install it when my new PC arrived. But I got impatient, and didn't realise there was going to be an issue with the license key. No problem, I reinstalled it on the new machine via Origin and that's that, right? It's still my account, right, I'm still the only one using it. So I added a bundle while I was at it so I could have weather and stuff. Because apparently I'm just that stupid.

Because when I fire up the game on the new machine, the CC that was installed on the old machine still shows up, even though it isn't installed on this one. And any *new* CC I install on this machine doesn't show up at all. Before you ask, YES, CC and script mods are enabled in preferences. YES the CC is installed in the Mods folder, YES,  I absolutely understand how it's supposed to work, YES, I have verified that the CC I downloaded is not broken. Apparently the machine simply does not recognise any CC installed on this machine.

I've been able to find no info whatsoever about this issue. Please help!

Message 1 of 5 (392 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC installed on new PC doesn't show up, but CC installed on old PC still doe

Message 4 of 5 (348 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@MigraineLeFay

Disable mods and CC in the game options.
Turn on the game and play 2 minutes. Save and quit.
Now, enable once more mods and CC in the game option.
Now all should be working.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (378 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried it. Nothing changed. The game still lists only the mods installed on the other machine, and the custom content I installed does not appear in the game.

Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@kreatora That solved it! The new installation was using a subfolder of my Documents folder instead of the one in Program Files. Thanks very much for your help!
Message 5 of 5 (340 Views)