Re: CC eyes wont go away even after uninstalling.

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

CC eyes wont go away even after uninstalling.

★ Novice

My default replacement eyes broke after the eco-living patch came out and look dull but I can't get rid of them to get new ones. I have completely uninstalled the game and origin and deleted all folders unless they are somewhere else but it keeps showing me the swatches for the cc ones once I redownload the game and not the original sims 4 ones. I even tried new default ones and all I saw was the wrench icon on it but the same swatches they even show up with cc and mods disabled in the settings. I don't know what to do anymore and the sims 4 tray importer shows no mods are applied. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is extremely frustrating.

Message 1 of 5 (1,492 Views)

@Arabella667  When you deleted everything, did that include the Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts?  If not, please move it to your desktop and test.

If this isn't the issue, please search This PC for "config" without quotes, and look for any config.log that's inside a Sims 4 folder.  Each Sims 4 user data folder will have exactly one config.log.  If you have more than one, you may have been removing cc from the folder the game isn't using.  You can tell them apart by checking the last modified dates on the config file: the date will exactly match the last time the game was launched using that particular folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tray Importer won't work if only the textures or meshes were replaced, but you can use the builtin Conflict tool to locate them.

Message 3 of 5 (1,423 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I deleted the whole electronic arts folder and emptied the trash can and the origin folder and redownloaded both sims 4 and origin launcher.
Message 4 of 5 (1,394 Views)

@Arabella667  Do you have OneDrive set to sync Documents?  It could be redownloading an older version of your Sims 4 user data folder even after youv'e deleted it.  This is how to unsync the folder:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/choose-which-onedrive-folders-to-sync-to-your-computer-98...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (1,387 Views)