CC doesn't show up after I removed it from the Mods folder, then moved back in

by phantqsmaphilia

Original Post

CC doesn't show up after I removed it from the Mods folder, then moved back in

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello dear EA support,

I wanted to state my problem here since I never heard of someone expieriencing something similar.

So, I moved all of my custom content out of my mods folder. It was because I was bothered by a skin that I downloaded, and I then wanted to check if the sims in the game actually looked like that or if it was because of my cc. Then I started the game, and cheked on my sims.

But after that, when I moved all my CC back into my mods folder and started the game again, it wouldn't show up anymore. I really hope that someone is here who can help me.

Message 1 of 6 (560 Views)

Re: CC doesn't show up after I removed it from the Mods folder, then moved back

@phantqsmaphilia  Please post the full file path of one of the cc items that isn't showing.  (You can see the file path in the address bar above the list of files and folders, or if you happen to be on a Mac, right-click the file and select Get Info, then look under Where.)  Even if you're sure you put the content back in the same place, your system may have redirected you to a different location.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (542 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe you have to check the "Enable Custom Content and Mods" box again (and, if you have scripted mods, the "Scripted Mods allowed" box)? They are under Options >> Game Options >> Other.

Message 3 of 6 (520 Views)

CC doesn't show up in game after moving it out of the Mods folder

★ Novice

Dear EA support,

I thought that I'd maybe state my problem here, since there hasn't been anyone or anything else that could help me.

So, I took all of my custom content out of my mods folder, because I apparently downloaded a skin or something that changes the structure of the sims in the game. And I just wanted to look, if the sims really looked like this, or if it was because of my CC. So I started the game and checked on my sims. 

But then, when I moved all of the CC back into the Mods folder and started the game again, it wouldn't show up there anymore. I really hope that someone can help me.

~ Sarah

Message 4 of 6 (511 Views)

Re: CC doesn't show up in game after moving it out of the Mods folder

@phantqsmaphilia  I've merged your new post with your existing thread.  Please read the previous replies.

Just so you're aware, this is a players helping players forum, with occasional posts by EA community managers, who are also not with EA customer support.  If you do want to deal with customer service, you can request a contact through this site:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (491 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@phantqsmaphilia

If you mean the CC clothing and hair that your sims USED to have, are no longer there...

That means you likely removed your mods, loaded your game, SAVED your game, then put the mods back in.

You can't do this.

If you SAVE the game while the mods are GONE, then ALL CC will be PERMANENTLY removed from ALL sims in your world.

The CC is still in the game, just removed from every sim and house in the game where you used it.

The only things you can do to fix it, is find an older save, or manually re-outfit EVERY sim and fix EVERY lot in the game.
Message 6 of 6 (482 Views)