Re: CC causing game to stop on loading screen and not respond.

by burin077

Original Post

CC causing game to stop on loading screen and not respond.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

i keep having this annoying problem, I have gone through all my cc content and checked it with the game close to 4 or 5 different occasions and when i find the cc that causes it to not respond i delete it...... well now it is 'not responding' with cc that was once fine. Yesterday i went through ALOT i mean alot off cc deleted any duplicates i may have had and moved the cc in separate folders one folder at a time and that worked but today i went to play i have not installed any new cc or added any new cc to the mods folder and now it isn't working.. any suggestions i can try... i have tried repairing/updating, running as admin, moving the mods folder to desktop and again going through all my cc and find what is causing it do this and getting rid of it. any help is appreciated, thank you. 

Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: CC causing game to stop on loading screen and not respond.

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Have you deleted your localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder, just a directory up from your Mods folder? Sometimes that file tends to hold CC data that previously was problematic. I would do the following:

1: Close Sims 4.

2: Move all your Mods/CC out of the Mods folder.

3: Delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder. (The game will rebuild this file after you start the game again.)

4: Run Sims 4 again (Without your mods.) (Make sure the game is responding thereafter.) If it is, proceed to the next step. (If it does not, you have an issue beyond CC.)

5: Close Sims 4 again.

6: Delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder again.

7: Move all your Mods back into your Mods folder.

8: Run Sims 4 again. (With your Mods.) (If the issue is still occurring, you will need to isolate which CC it is that's causing the issue and remove it; you will then need to identify who made the mod and see if there's an updated version of it.)

- B

Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)