CC back in CAS after update - but not on my sims

by fooshiablix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC back in CAS after update - but not on my sims

★★★★ Novice

Hey,

I’ve managed to get most of my cc to show up in CAS again after the update conflict, but all my sims who used to wear said cc are still walking around bald and undressed. Will I really have to redress and custom each and every in-world sim (seeing as I don’t have a pre-update save file, being too new to the game to having learned things the hard way until now)?

Being a newbie I also lack experience with post-update patches and such, so I have no idea what to expect in terms of fixes from both EA and cc/mod creators.

I’m coming to terms with a few weeks worth of work probably being lost due to my own lack of foresigh here, but figured I’d ask the veterans just in case Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC back in CAS after update - but not on my sims

@fooshiablix  If you really have no saves from before the custom content was removed from your sims, then yes, you'll have to reapply all the items.  The data in the save doesn't include what the sims used to be wearing, just what they're wearing now, so there's no way for you to force-revert them to their prior wardrobes.

However, Sims 4 itself keeps the last five versions of a save file before the current one as backups.  You can try restoring one, either manually or through the in-game interface:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

You might lose some progress since the patch, but maybe the tradeoff will be worth it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (338 Views)

All Replies

@fooshiablix  If you really have no saves from before the custom content was removed from your sims, then yes, you'll have to reapply all the items.  The data in the save doesn't include what the sims used to be wearing, just what they're wearing now, so there's no way for you to force-revert them to their prior wardrobes.

However, Sims 4 itself keeps the last five versions of a save file before the current one as backups.  You can try restoring one, either manually or through the in-game interface:

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

You might lose some progress since the patch, but maybe the tradeoff will be worth it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (339 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 3 (329 Views)