[CC RELATED] Random Sims are shiny and have Texture Overlay

by ccerasus

Original Post

Re: White marks on sim’s skin

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maudebenoit16, thanks for trying that.Angel  It is always best if you use either CC or Mods and are having a problem all of a sudden to try this , at the very least to narrow down the cause of the problem.Wink  But in this case people are reporting it as a problem with the Graphics settings.  Hopefully you can find a setting that works with your computer and monitor. Fingers crossed 

Nobody has merged your post to one of the others yet.  I don't know if they will or not.  In case they don't, have you read the other 2 threads that deal with the same problem you are having? Wondering

Edit to update:  They have now merged your post to the other one! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 81 of 102 (4,425 Views)

Re: White marks on sim’s skin

Hero

I merged your post with the cc issue on this.

So far, only the scout uniform is known to cause this for a vanilla game.

You might need to get rid of the faulty cc entirely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 102 (4,416 Views)

my sim has white lines all over her body

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats&dogs get together jungle adventure toddler stuff fitness stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know how you can find the bug it started happening when the update for stranger vill or island living but i have cc and that doesnt affect all of my sims only one sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? my game freezes all the time after the island living update happened
What do you expect to see? my game to be fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

this glitch only shows up when im in the house and it doesnt show up in cas so i would like some help.

Message 83 of 102 (4,214 Views)

Re: my sim has white lines all over her body

Hero
@jazzcat2006 This is cc related (except for the scout uniform).

You need to update/remove the cc.

I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 84 of 102 (4,190 Views)

Re: why is my sim shining

★ Novice

Same with me! I have two teen girls, and they have been the only ones doing it.

Message 85 of 102 (3,790 Views)

Re: sims's skin(have CC skin) glow and shine like a plastic

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi! I've had this issue before, and I went to the graphic quality setting, changed the "sims" setting to "Very High" and it works. Hope it helps!

@send2390 and it doesn't involve removing your cc. So it's a win win solution 

(merged post) - Atic 

Message 86 of 102 (3,757 Views)

Sim4 Checkered skin and jacket Issue in Game play

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs with exception of Spooky Stuff and Moschino Stuff Packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've removed mods and CC that I downloaded the month of March 2020. No change with the issue.Please assist/advise.
What happens when the bug occurs? I've created a Mother and Teen daughter using the same sim with the same skin from the gallery. I'm using Maxis Skin. The Mother in CAS looks perfect but in game, her skin and suit jacket is checkered.The teen daughter has no issues.
What do you expect to see? The Mother shows up as in CAS without the checks on her Skin and Jacket.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The happened on March 24, 2020. I've created other sims including her daughter and spouse in CAS on 03.24.2020. I used a /sim from the Gallery. If I used the same Sim for the Mother and the daughter, I would think they both would have the same issue. But the Teen daughter is fine.I removed the Mothers clothes, shoes, hair, makeup and jewelry, still issue. Remember this is Maxis skin.

I created a Mother and Teen daughter using the same sim with the same skin from the gallery. I'm using Maxis Skin. The Mother in CAS looks perfect but in game, her skin and suit jacket is checkered. I've removed mods and CC that I downloaded the month of March 2020. No change with the issue.Please assist/advise.

Message 87 of 102 (3,533 Views)

Re: Sim4 Checkered skin and jacket Issue in Game play

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Charsem817 When I see something like this in my game it is usually caused by an outdated CC outfit item. From the ones I've seen it's very common for them to look fine in CAS and awful in-game. It might be something you downloaded from The Gallery but it also might be something you've had in your game for a while now that has been made obsolete by a recent game patch.

First, make a note of any CC outfit items the Mom is using when she gets that checkered look, including any CC makeup, jewelry, skin overlays, etc., as there's a good chance one of those items is causing the problem. Then switch her to all Maxis outfits, makeup, jewelry, etc., and then save your game on a new save.

Next, temporarily remove those CC items from your Mods folder and delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder. This step is very important as it will ensure there is no corrupted data sticking around your game from your cache file. The game will auto-generate a new cache file the next time you start it. I delete the localthumbcache.package every time I make any change in my Mods folder ESPECIALLY when I find and remove bad CC. Restart your game and see how she looks.

Hopefully all is good now but let us know if not & we can suggest further troubleshooting steps.

Btw- Do you remember the EA ID and the name of the household in The Gallery where you got this Sim? I'd like to take a look at it if possible.

I'm just a regular Sims player who likes to use mods and CC. I don't work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft.

Message 88 of 102 (3,512 Views)

Hero
@Charsem817 Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 89 of 102 (3,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I can't figure out why can't I add a separate reply to this thread. I can reply only unde the message. 

This issue is caused by missing specular map that was "blanked" in the files made between 2015 and 2018, per my observation. Before Island patch everything was working perfectly. I guess EA either have changed how the game reads files with blanked specular, or implemented this glitch involuntarily, but won't fix it since it affects content that is not made by EA, therefore is not their pain in the neck.

CC can be fixed in Sims 4 Studio by either adding a custom specular made for the item (longer, but more correct way) or adding a custom blank specular made by me. The first method is more correct since custom blank specular will cancel specular (shine) map on other items when custom regular specular won't. But if someone doesn't know how to do a custom specular file and wants to keep particular piece of CC in the game, then the 2nd method is the method to follow. The most difficult and annoying part is to hunt down all glitchy CC. I wrote a tutorial about how to find that sort of CC through CAS without going in the game and how to fix it. I won't quote entire tutorial here, and will post the link instead. 
https://giuliettasims.com/2019/07/detecting-and-fixing-shiny-post-patch-custom-content/

Message 90 of 102 (3,385 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help