Re: Sims wearing unassigned hijabs and random clothes

by Feyona_t

Original Post

Re: [CC RELATED] Random Sims are shiny and have Texture Overlay

★★★ Novice

Mine is also doing this, it just started when I added new packs and updated.

Message 91 of 102 (2,665 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I see this problem still

Ernesto hears someone at the door, the shiny man standing there has a gun and no mouth.

Seconds later another oddball shows up.

followed by a third, that almost gets shot

And a fourth crossing the street

There is a preponderance of berets, glasses and boots.  It seems the game nust fill every type of attachment or accessory for these NPCs

Been this way a LONG time.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Mods.

Message 92 of 102 (2,443 Views)

Hero
@Leniad6 Moving this over to the shiny cc thread issue.

That looks overall like an issue with cc.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 102 (2,416 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Leniad6 If you just click one page back you would see my reply regarding this issue and how to fix CC with this glitch.
Message 94 of 102 (2,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Feyona.  My main issue is the horrible, fill every attachment, outfits as random NPC clothes (one shiny outfit only incidental)

Message 95 of 102 (2,370 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Mmm, so I don't get. Are you getting this issue with CC worn by NPCs (generated on NPCs)? If yes then just run your CC through the batch fix in Studio that will disallow CC for random, Otherwise, I don't understand where is the issue if it's not in shiny clothes.

Message 96 of 102 (2,342 Views)

Re: sims's skin(have CC skin) glow and shine like a plastic

★★★★ Novice
@send2390 This solved it for me. I recently changed from ultra settings to high on a relaunch of the game. I went into the family I was playing the day before and one of the sims was covered in white stripes/spots and I know it wasn't an issue with mods nor the cc (at least not outdated). I went searching and came across this - voila - I changed the sims to very high, problem solved immediately. I restarted for good measure but wanted to extend a sincere gratitude for you posting this! I would never have thought to try this. I thought for a second it may have been the recent change from ultra to high but thought, nahhh - that wouldn't cause one Sim to look crazy - apparently so. This should be posted under troubleshooting! Awesome Standard smile
Message 97 of 102 (1,677 Views)

Re: why is my sim shining

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone! It might be a cc causing it, for my sim it was a lipstick cc, as soon as I took it off the white shiny spots disappeared 

Message 98 of 102 (1,465 Views)

Shiny Stripes Problem

★ Novice

Okay so I created a female sim with cc and it's all currently updated and she appears with shiny white stripes only on some of her outfits so I went back into cas mode and changed them to maxis clothes and it's still happening. Laptop mode is off so i don't know why it's still happening. Help please 

Message 99 of 102 (1,352 Views)

Re: Shiny Stripes Problem

★★★ Expert

@brandiixoxo98 The only time I have ever seen those shiny stripes like you are describing was when I was testing some very outdated CC. Can you post a pic?

Is it just happening to one Sim or is it all of the Sims in your game?

Can you double-check that all CC has been removed from that Sim, including things like accessories (bracelets, rings, stockings, etc.), jewelry, glasses, makeup, skin overlays, hair, etc. One outdated CC item, even a small ring, can affect the appearance of the entire Sim.

After you have verified that all CC has been removed from that Sim, save + exit your game. Then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your Sims 4 folder.

Restart your game and see if your Sim looks normal again.

Message 100 of 102 (1,331 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help