Re: Sims 4 white lines all over body?

by crinrict

Original Post

sims's skin(have CC skin) glow and shine like a plastic

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Except Toddler Stuff and Kids room stuff, I have installed them all.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During playing the game and use the CC skin.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the recently new update, the sims's skin(have CC skin) will be glow and shine like a plastic.....I will upload the picture and you can see what I said.
What do you expect to see? Before the recently new update, they are all be fine. Wish the problem will be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello

After the recently new update, the sims's skin(have CC skin) will be glow and shine like a plastic.....I will upload the picture and you can see what I said.

Before the recently new update, they are all be fine. Wish the problem will be fixed.

Message 51 of 102 (30,952 Views)

Re: sims's skin(have CC skin) glow and shine like a plastic

Hero
@MiguChen If you're using custom skins, you need to make sure to update to work with the newest patch. Check S4Studio if they have a batch fix now and if not, check with the creator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 102 (30,950 Views)

Sims 4 white lines all over body?

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I went to play the sims 4 after a year off it. 

I made my sim and everything was good untill I got into the game play. 

I do have CC in my game but this has never happened before and I have not touched or downloaded any more.

The sim has patchy white stripe marks all over her skin and clothing. 

Weird thing is when i went to load a older game which was working fine over a year ago only the female sims are coming up stripes not the males...

I've been searching everywhere for questions but it seems no one's had this problem? 

I needed to update the game before I played. But I've never had this type of thing happen before. 

Could it be my device? Or the game? 

Message 53 of 102 (30,954 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@shpiedah22

The last patch has broken most scripts mods and a large part of CC.
Move the mods folder to the desktop.
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game - important!
Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

I don't work for EA
Message 54 of 102 (30,941 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Moving this thread back to tech

I made a new thread for non-cc related (which is mostly the scout uniform that's affected: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-S-Scout-Uniform-appears-has-random-texture/td-p/...

If you have no cc AT ALL (empty mods folder, deleted localthumbcache.package), please use thread above in the bug forum.

If not, please remove all your cc (skins, eyes, eye lashes, overlays ...) and make sure everything is updated before you put it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 102 (92,725 Views)

Re: White rectangles on sims

★★★ Newbie

hi my game was doing the same thing just incase you didnt find a fix heres a link to the fixhttps://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/c35wcq/psa_to_anyone_getting_the_reflective_white/

Message 56 of 102 (30,846 Views)

white boxes on sims in live mode

★ Novice

I have never encountered this problem so I am asking everyone for help Frown

I haven't played the sims for a day before this. So I open up, everything's fine, I create a sim - everything is completely normal and how it is supposed to be, however, once I went in game, my sim started showing up with these white boxes on her?? 

I am not sure on what to do,,, Again, I haven't had this problem the last time I played. No updates happened, I didn't download any more cc, it just happened.

I tried changing the outfits but it's the same on every single one.
How can I get rid of those boxes? Has someone experienced this problem as well?

Message 57 of 102 (30,847 Views)

Re: white boxes on sims in live mode

Hero
@honeyjnn merged your post.

For most this is outdated cc. Make sure it's all still compatible with the newest patch.

Here's a list that can help you find the problem ones: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-pa...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 58 of 102 (30,837 Views)

Re: After June patch my mermaid sim is covered in white squares

★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem too! Except it appears on normal sims and on cc that I previously had before the update and nothing is popping up. It stops when i turn laptop mode on BUT then the blonde streaks appear on my alpha hairs

Message 59 of 102 (30,645 Views)

Re: After June patch my mermaid sim is covered in white squares

Hero
@EternalSimmers The cc will probably need to be fixed by the creators or maybe through a batch fix on S4Studio.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 102 (30,564 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help