Re: NPC Skin is Plaid

by dietcokebott

Original Post

Re: White rectangles on sims

★★★ Novice

@carriexxsims Ahh, sorry. :/

Just try to remove all of your cc and then add it back on one by one. I hope I explained it well. That's how I figured out all of my makeup and head jewelry cc was glitching.

(I hope this gets fixed soon. The base game makeup is so ugly.) Good luck!

Message 31 of 102 (9,525 Views)

Re: Why is there white squares on my Sims?

Hero

HI @Kezzzb 

merged your post.

See details in this post:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Random-Sims-Have-Texture-Overlay/m-p/7962507#M143068

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 102 (9,491 Views)

white glitch

★★★★ Novice

SO the other day i downloaded Island Living, I wanted to play with it but then one of my sims got a huge glitch so I'm wondering if anyone could help? I looked through all my cc files.Thanks in advance!

Message 33 of 102 (9,444 Views)

Re: white glitch

Hero
@ugly_sims merged your post.

Could you refer to the solution post of this thread to see if that's your issue. If not, then it's probably cc. Any eye-lashes, makeup, skins ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 102 (9,433 Views)

After June patch my mermaid sim is covered in white squares

★★ Novice

Hiya, 

I've downloaded both island living and updated with the June patch. My adult mermaid sim is covered in white squares. I have tried it with both mods enabled and disabled. Anyone else with this issue or with a solution? 

Message 35 of 102 (9,392 Views)

Re: Sims skins covered in reflective white squares? (with and without CC)

★★ Novice

@323rabbits Thank you! Did exactly what you said and it worked for me too

Message 36 of 102 (9,256 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Random Sims Have Texture Overlay if Sim settings on High or low

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 102 (9,150 Views)

NPC Skin is Plaid

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I saw the NPC's just by wandering around the new island
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC's skin is plaid and shiny
What do you expect to see? Normal skin
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the update on June 18th.

I am sorry about the blurry photo's, I cannot figure out how to get to the screenshots I took within the game. 

Message 38 of 102 (9,100 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That's CC-related. Try testing without it (do a "Save As" to protect your main save and delete localthumbcache.package after moving your CC somewhere else on your computer before loading the game again).

Message 39 of 102 (9,093 Views)

★★ Novice

There are several people on the Facebook post I made to a Sims community who do not have CC or Mods and it's happening to them also.  I will try your suggestion, but I didn't have the issue until the update. Neither did the other users that I've been talking to.

Message 40 of 102 (9,089 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help