Re: Sims Covered in White Marks?

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Random Sims Have Texture Overlay?

★ Novice

thank you so much! i went back over all of my CC my sim was wearing and took off her skin details & other makeup and it does happen to be outdated CC because of the update! thank you for bringing that up and if anyone else has the same problem, then just use the “cas.fulleditmode” after the “testingcheats on” mode so you can see what CC your current sim is wearing might be broken :D

Message 11 of 102 (19,969 Views)

★★★ Novice

Pretty sure its a problem on EA's side. People on reddit with no mods are reporting the same problem on vanilla/no-cc games. 

Message 12 of 102 (19,950 Views)

Sims skins covered in reflective white squares? (with and without CC)

★★★ Novice

I first noticed it this afternoon and spent the bulk of the day reinstalling and removing mods. It seems like the only thing that helped my sims was to remove their CC skin overlays.

However, these very same skin overlays will work on other sims.

Other people on reddit who have zero CC/mods have reported this same problem on their completely vanilla game with screenshots. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims4/comments/c2r9bv/whats_going_on_with_u_my_guy/

Clearly, the problem isn't with the CC skin overlays but with something in the game itself if it's happening to people without mods/CC too.

Anyone find a fix for it yet? I'm willing to take my sims' skins off, but how long before it starts mucking up even my vanilla sims?

Message 13 of 102 (19,961 Views)

Hero

HI @xashaudino 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 102 (19,945 Views)

Re: Random Sims Have Texture Overlay?

[ Edited ]
Hero

Moving this thread to tech as it appears mod/cc related.

Also merged some more threads in here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 102 (19,945 Views)

Re: Reflective white blocks on skin - to fix, set 'sim details' to 'very high'

★★ Pro

Ah, I wonder then if we have a conflation of bad custom content for some people and/or lower settings for others causing the problem? Great insight! I play on Ultra + ReShade, so that might explain why I don't see the issue.

Maybe folks experiencing this with zero mods or custom content should share the settings they play on to see if there's a shared factor involved?

Message 16 of 102 (20,177 Views)

Re: Reflective white blocks on skin - to fix, set 'sim details' to 'very high'

Community Manager (retired)

If anyone is seeing this on a completely vanilla game, an empty Mods folder, can you please share your Config.log with me? That'll help us match your settings/hardware so we can reproduce this. A save file wouldn't hurt either! Thanks so much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 102 (20,157 Views)

CC is making my sim patchy and shiny

★★★ Newbie

So my sims started doing this I don't know why. anyone know how to fix this. They only seem to do it with certain CC clothes. TIA

Message 18 of 102 (20,126 Views)

Re: Shiny sims

★★★ Novice

I noticed this on my child sim. She got shiny thick vertical stripes going through her entire body on some outfits, making her look like a "robot". The shinyness is shinier than anything in the game I think. This does not show up in the CAS tho.

On my other, adult sim, again only on some outfits, her naked skin texture overlayed all of her clothing mesh, making her look bulky, as if she was wearing someone else's skinned skin over herself and her clothing. The clothing mesh of those outfits are not CC. This too does not show up in cas and she appears as should.

It's only on some outfits of some sims. My game has also become incredibly laggier. It feels like everything that could go wrong with this patch for me did Raised eyebrow

Message 19 of 102 (20,123 Views)

why is my sim shining

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

my sim is shining like she's covered with plastic or something I've deleted three mods and it still shows up. just wondering if anyone else has or had this problem and if I can fix it. it's kind of annoying but if there's no solution then I'll deal with it. it only happens to the teenage girls.06-21-19_10-21-56 AM.png06-21-19_8-52-13 AM.png  

Message 20 of 102 (19,765 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help