Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CC RELATED] Random Sims are shiny and have Texture Overlay

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: [GTW] [GT] [CL] [CD] [S] [GF] Game Packs: [OR] [SD] [DO] [V] [PH] [JA] [SV] Stuff Packs: [LSP] [MHSP] [RGSP] [VGSP] [LDSP] [MFPSP]
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After the June update, this started happening to seemingly random Sims in my household as well as Sims in other households (wandering the neighborhood). All mods/cc were removed.
What happens when the bug occurs? Seemingly random Sims have a "shiny" or checkered texture that covers their skin, hair, facial features, and clothing.
What do you expect to see? Normally textured items.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 18 2019 Update

I can't seem to stop this from happening, I removed all CC and it still happens to random Sims. I'd appreciate some insight if possible! 

Message 1 of 102 (63,874 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 white lines all over body?

Hero
Moving this thread back to tech

I made a new thread for non-cc related (which is mostly the scout uniform that's affected: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-S-Scout-Uniform-appears-has-random-texture/td-p/...

If you have no cc AT ALL (empty mods folder, deleted localthumbcache.package), please use thread above in the bug forum.

If not, please remove all your cc (skins, eyes, eye lashes, overlays ...) and make sure everything is updated before you put it back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 55 of 102 (92,722 Views)

All Replies

Re: Random Sims Have Texture Overlay?

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 102 (63,692 Views)
Highlighted

Creepy looking shinny rings

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? June 18 patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go to invite new club members and you might see one of the weird ones.
What happens when the bug occurs? my skin starts to crawl. it's so weird.
What do you expect to see? regular looking sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. june 18 patch

It's so creepy

Message 3 of 102 (63,649 Views)

Re: Creepy looking shinny rings

★★★ Newbie

in this picture it's a user who uses mods but I get the same thing in my basegame

Message 4 of 102 (63,640 Views)

Re: Creepy looking shinny rings

Hero

Merged your post. Please try suggestions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 102 (63,632 Views)

my sims have a weird light on them

★★★ Newbie

My sims have this weird reflective light all over their bodies and I don't know how to get rid of it. It only started happening recently. I would put those same clothes on other sims and it wouldn't happen before.

Message 6 of 102 (63,490 Views)

Re: my sims have a weird light on them

@Nianio23  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 102 (63,474 Views)

Re: my sims have a weird light on them

Hero

@Nianio23 Merged your post as well.

Could you also try the suggestions above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 102 (63,470 Views)

Sims Covered in White Marks?

★★★★ Novice

Hi, following the recent patch a few of my female sims are covered in these splotchy white marks. Is this something I can fix or is it an error on EA's side?

Message 9 of 102 (63,324 Views)

Re: Random Sims Have Texture Overlay?

★★ Pro

I believe this has to be mod related, because I've read some reports on Discord and elsewhere that the skin details version of the 3D eyelashes mod is causing this problem and so are some custom content eyeliners and lipsticks. Another culprit could be the No EA Eyelashes mod.

I have a small handful of CAS custom content in my game, but I don't have this problem at all. It seems to me this is not a bug, but rather a case of badly made custom content.

Message 10 of 102 (63,407 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help